I know these trash bag holder’s aren’t anything new but I thought it would be a great idea to make a mini-version specifically for the car. I always keep a stash of plastic bags in the seat back for empty Starbucks cups, the fossilized Chick-Fil-A Nuggets and empty lollipop sticks I regularly find in the back seats…and on and on.
And it just looks bright and happy in the car too…
I’ve also made these for teacher and neighbor gifts! Last Christmas I made 12 to gift all my kid’s various teachers and bus driver.
What You’ll Need:
- 3 Fabric Scraps at least 15″ in width
- 1/4″ elastic
- Bias Tape/Ribbon/or whatever you want to make your hanger with
- All your sewing goodies
Cut your fabric strips as follows:
- Top and Bottom layer (pink polka dot fabric): Cut two 4 1/2″ x 15″ rectangles
- Yellow Stripes: Cut two 2″ x 15″ rectangles
- Middle Layer (chevron fabric): Cut one 5″ x 15″ rectangle
Sew them all together on the long sides with a 1/2 seam. I serged mine but you don’t really need to. Finish the top and bottom of the short ends of the now one-piece rectangle either by serging or folding over and pressing 1/4″.
Stuff it with bags (about 5-6 fit nicely) and hang in your car!
Linking up on: The Weekend Wrap Up @ TaterTots & Jello, One Artsy Mama