When I think of summer, Freshly Squeezed Lemonade is one of the first things that comes to mind, so I decided to go with a Lemonade Stand theme for my summer Mantel. I shared this sneak peek on Instagram earlier in the week while I was working on it…
- For the wood “Lemonade Stand” sign, I painted a piece of 12×24 wood with Annie Sloan Chalk Paint in Graphite and distressed it once dry. I created a stencil in my Silhouette Software using this “Lemonade Stand” phrase and part of this pitcher. I use scrapbook paper for my stencils, applied with stencil spray (I like Krylon Easy-Tack). Then I just use a stencil brush or spouncer to apply the paint and peel off the stencil.
- The teal platter was $9.99 at Target and I cut this “We All Love Lemons and Sugar” phrase in white vinyl and applied it to the platter.
- The circle banner was made cutting circles and lemons from the pitcher cut file. I used extra lemons on black card stock in the pink frame which I scored for 50% off a few weeks ago at Hobby Lobby. I doodled on it with an Elmer’s white Painters Pen.
- The white frame is a gift from my mom. She found it at TJ Maxx last week for $4.99! I used the painters pen to write 50 cents on black card stock.
- The blue bottle was something we already had, so I applied a chalkboard labels and used the painters pen to write “freshly squeezed” on it.
- The paper straws are from Target and went in mason jars I already had.
- The lemons and tall glass vase are from Target as well.
And that’s it! It’s a fun, bright addition to our family room for the summer season!
Linking up on Link Party Palooza at TT&J