This sign was inspired by the little paper flowers (which I got for $2 a pack in the dollar bins at Michael’s) and the vintage-style doorknocker (which I scored in a Pick Your Plum grab box last year).
Things You’ll Need to Gather for This Project:
- 12″ x 48″ piece of Pine wood, cut down to 12″ x 24″
- Brown Paint and paint brush
- Green shade of paint and thin detail brush (I used Annie Sloan Chalk Paint in Florence)
- Vintage-Style Door Knocker
- ½” screws and wire hanger for back
- Paper Flowers and adhesive glue
I started by making an improvised stain since I didn’t realize we were out when I went to make this and it worked awesome! I mixed about a 50/50 water to paint ratio. When dry, I screwed on the door knocker.
Then I started painting in vines and leaves by hand. When that dried, I put the wire hanger on the back and then simply glued on the flowers on the vines with tacky glue.
To put the wire hanger on, I mark two spots on the back, 3″ down from the top and 1″ in from the side. Drill the screw into those marks and then remove them. Put each end of your wire hanger in the holes you made and then drill the screws back in. Easy and secure!
It goes great in our living room. So easy and pretty unique too!