DIY: Googly Eyed Halloween Wreath
Oh my gosh oh my gosh oh my gosh oh my gosh! In case you haven’t noticed all the Halloween decorations that have been out since August, Halloween – one of my all-time favorite holidays – is imminent! *Squeal!* Halloween and Christmas decor are two of my biggest vices. I could just buy bags and bags and bags of them!
One of my mottos is “less is more.”
And I think this wreath embodies it. So if you’re into that kind of thing, and if you’re Halloween decoration taste is less on the gory, creepy, and horrific side, and more on the cute, and glittery side, then you’re in luck!
- Foam Wreath
- Assorted googly eyes
- Glittery Halloween ribbon
- Black spray paint (or other Halloween-y color)
- Hot glue
- Optional: glitter + glue
- Spray paint the foam wreath everywhere but the back (save yourself some spray paint)
- When the paint is completely dry, begin hot gluing googly eyes. This is time consuming, but worth it! It took me all of the Sound of Music. Haha!
- Optional: apply glue on the inside and the outside of the wreath, and dust with glitter.
- Tie a bow, and glue it on the wreath.
- Cut ribbon to your desired length to hang the wreath.
Pre-happy Halloween! YAYAYAYAYYAY!
(P.S. I know that using all caps comes across as a little unprofessional, and comes across as yelling, but I don’t care. Cuz one, I am yelling “YAY,” and two, this is Halloween. It gives me such bliss that there’s no room to be professional.)
Other Posts You’ll Probably Love
Amy is the face and smarts behind Glitter in My Tea. A self-proclaimed typography junkie, and amateur graphic designer, she lives and loves to create. From tea towels to colonial houses, she admires pretty things, and delights in everything Disney. Other passions include Kate Spade, sprinkles, donuts (sprinkled donuts), smooching her son’s chubby cheeks, and anything sparkly or colorful. She currently lives in Nebraska with her husband, and her super awesome and super cute son, Ben (the one with the chubby cheeks).