Home Studio + Craft Room Tour
Welcome to my happy place! This is where I work and play. It’s a home studio on the third floor of our home. As many of you know, we’re living overseas for a few years and we move a lot. Sometimes, I have a roomy space and other times I have a closet. This is definitely the dreamiest space I’ve had and I’m soaking up every minute I have in it!
The lighting in this room is a bit awkward and I don’t have outlets on two of the four walls so I put together a 90-second video to better show you this space. Then, in photographs, I’ll tell all the details so you can “shop” my craft room décor!
When you first walk up the stairs, you have my studio space to the left and my kid’s play room and creative space is to the right. With working from home full time, this is such an ideal set up. My youngest is off to Kindergarten in the Fall and it will probably be too quiet!
My kid’s side…
The tripod you can see in the above photo is the Vanguard Alta Pro. It is how I shoot all my overhead photos and videos and is probably the single most-used thing I own!
Here are details on the above photo:
- Rug: This was a TJ Maxx score!
- Desk: My husband made this for me. The top was from a piece of furniture that didn’t survive one of our moves, so he added pipes and turned it into an industrial style desk.
- Chair: IKEA Franklin.
- Trash Can: IKEA Knodd (next to desk)
- Cube Shelving: IKEA Kallax. The gray drawer inserts and pink boxes are also from IKEA.
- Dresser: IKEA Malm, 3 Drawer Dresser.
- My “word wall” was inspired by Persia Lou. Check hers out here.
- Marker Storage: The large piece is just a cheap shoe organizer from a local store. The smaller clear racks on top are these marker racks.
- Rolling Cart: IKEA Raskog in Turquoise.
- Pegboard Organizer: I made this from a frame. You can find the DIY Tutorial here.
- The photography light kits you see in the way back allow me to take great, well-lit pics any time of day. You can get the same set here.
- Floor Lamp Light: IKEA Hektar Floor Lamp with 3 Spots. I love that I can turn these lights however I want. We have one on the kid’s side as well.
- This amazing organizer is the Workbox 2.0 by The Original Scrapbox company. It’s new and I L.O.V.E. it. Because it was such a project, I dedicated a whole post to The Workbox. You can read my full review on it here.
- Chair: Black and Floral Maxine Linen Dining Chair from World Market. I love this chair so much I have two more in my dining room!
- Desk: My desk is actually a hand-me-down from my step dad. You can see how I gave it a makeover with Chalk Paint and new knobs here.
- Wall Art: The photographs and paintings are all art I’ve been collecting as we travel the world!
The books are my shelves are mostly about lettering, art, and business! You can find a list of my favorite hand lettering books here.
- The three black frame photos on my wall are of the John Lennon Wall in Prague. It’s been my favorite city we’ve traveled to so far!
- My keyboard decals are from Kidecals.com.
- I ordered the chalkboard on Amazon and the hand-lettered the phrase.
And that’s it! Now it’s time for me to fold up my Workbox 2.0 and make some room for my ChaLEAN Extreme Workout.
I hope you enjoyed my Home Studio + Craft Room Tour! If you have questions about anything in my space I left out, leave me a comment and I’ll let you know what it is/where I got it! 🙂