Art + Lettering Class Facebook Group
This page may contain affiliate links. Your cost is the same, but it helps support the site and keep our freebies FREE! See our full disclosures here. Thanks for your support!
Art + Lettering Class Facebook Group
NOTE!!!! You must be a member of the Art + Lettering Class Facebook Group for these links to work. If you’re not already a member, request to join below.
PLEASE SHARE ALL PICS IN THE DAILY THREAD. I approve all posts to the wall which helps keep out spammers and makes sure I see all the posts so I can answer any the questions and that all pics are going on the daily share thread. Thank you so much for being a part of the group and sharing your talents!
The monthly challenges take place on Instagram but we also share our work in this group.
- The Art + Lettering Challenge Daily Share Threads post in the group at 6am CST daily. (They are officially held on my @bydawnnicole Instagram account.)
- Be kind. This is a happy place to share inspiration! I’m a super easy going person but I won’t give warnings on this rule. Be kind or be banned.
- Please keep your artwork PG in here. This community is intended to be uplifting, inspirational, and happy, so certain artwork just doesn’t have a place in the group.
- Do not sell to the group or share affiliate links. Self promotional posts will be deleted.
- All photos belong in a daily share thread. You can share something related to the prompt or anything you’re working on. This helps keep the group organized.
- Have a question? Just ask! This group is for everyone from very beginner to seasoned artist.
- Due to the groups size, please reserve “posting to the wall” exclusively for questions or things you specifically wish to share with me.
- We do introduction posts from time to time to share our creative stories and you can find one in the group by searching.
- This class is free! But I may post affiliate links from time to time to help support time spent on the group and freebies I share on the blog. I’m extremely picky about what I share with my readers, so rest assured if I share it with you, it’s something I use and L.O.V.E.
I add each lesson/exercise to the outline as it’s shared. Click the pink links to view.
- Pep Talk
- How I Got Started in the Creative Career Field
- Lettering Basics: Tools
- Five Basic Tips for Hand-Lettering
- Lettering Tip: Letter From the Center
- VIDEO: How to Do Cheater Calligraphy
- Anatomy of a Letter
- VIDEO: How to View All Your Fonts at the Same Time (and Compare Them!)
- Mixing Fonts/Lettering Styles
- Type Classification
- Finding Inspiration
- Steal Like an Artist: Inspiration vs. Plagiarism
- Pricing Your Work
- Brush Calligraphy Blending Techniques
- Three Uniques Techniques for Tombow Dual Tips
- How to Do Bounce Lettering
- 10+ Hand Lettering Tutorials
- How to Do Watercolor Calligraphy
- How to Distress Paper (for lettering backgrounds)
- Playing with Type
- What’s In a Name?
- VIDEO-Bonus Practice: Basic Brush Lettering Strokes
- Practice Makes Progress: Brush Lettering Worksheets
- Brush Lettering With Watercolors
- Lettering with Masking Fluid
- Shopping for Inspiration
- Blending Techniques with the Tombow Blender Kit
- Brush Lettering Practice: Flourishes
- Where to Add Flourishes
- 30 Days to Better Brush Calligraphy (30 Day Practice Challenge)
- Inspired By…
- 10 Free Hand Lettering Practice Worksheets
- Watercolor Art + Lettering with the Tombow
- DIY Starry Night Lettering
- What is a Swash? (+ Free Practice Worksheet)
- What is a Ligature? + Practice Exercise
- Willona Brush Lettering Practice Sheets
- Do What You Hate
- How to Do Bounce Lettering + FREE Practice Worksheet
- AI for Beginners: The 5 Most Essentials Tools
- Video: How to Create Clip Art the Easy Way
- Video: Using the Smooth Tool
- Video: Using Clipping Masks and the Align Tools
- Illustrator Basics: Using Brushes to Create a Pennant Banner
- Illustrator 101: How to Crop Photos into Shapes
- Illustrator 101: Setting Up Templates
- Illustrator 101: Blog Style Guide
- Making Your Own Fonts with AI
- Sign up for my monthly Happy eMail here.
- The 30 Day Lettering + Doodle Challenges take place over on Instagram here.
- The Photo a Day Challenges take place on Instagram here.
- You can find a lot of Lettering and Art inspiration on my Pinterest here.
- My favorite Brush Lettering Supplies
- The Best Markers for Hand-Lettering
- My favorite art supplies
- My Current and Coming Books
INSPIRATIONAL CREATIVE BOOKS I LOVE
- Steal Like an Artist: 10 Things No One Told You About Being Creative
- The Crossroads of Should and Must
LETTERING AND DESIGN BOOKS I LOVE
- The Best Books on Hand Lettering
- Work for Money, Design for Love
- Logo Design Love
- Graphic Artist’s Guild Handbook on Pricing and Ethical Guidelines
- The Crossroads of Should and Must: How a Hobby Became my Calling
- The Comparison Game & Making the Most of Mondays
- Working from Home
- Working with Brands: Tip One // Tips Two & Three
- Less but Better: How to I Increased my Productivity by Doing Less
- How I Shoot My Lettering Videos
- 14 Ways I Grew Instagram by over 500% Last Year
I hate to have to write this but I had to delete a few comments and photos so please read this (and know that it doesn’t apply to 99% of you). I’m super easy going but I’m a stickler for kindness. As the group grows (there are over 17k of you now!), I will become extremely strict about keeping this group a happy place. It’s simply not fair to complain about something that’s free. The many hours I spend on this free class take away time from my paid design work and my family. The same goes for my creative team ladies and the work they generously share with us.
If you feel something is beyond your skill level, you can ask for help and I’ll be more than happy to point you to a more basic tutorial, but please don’t just comment with negative things like “This doesn’t have enough instruction”. A kinder way to say it is “Hey, thank you for the tutorial but this is a bit above my skill level, can you point me to a more basic tutorial?” (P.S. I think this principle is true of the Internet in general, not just in this group).
We do it because we love to share the joy of lettering and art. So, please be kind with your comments. (It’s one thing to make a suggestion and suggestions are always welcome, but rude comments or complaints just aren’t ok!)
Thank you so much for sharing your creativity and inspiring others!