DIY Kraft Paper Table Runner with Hand-Lettered Place Settings. This post may contain affiliate links. Your cost is the same but it helps support this site and the fun freebies we share. See our full disclosures here.
Are you hosting the Holidays this year?
We’re hosting my in-laws and sister-in-law for Thanksgiving so I’ve been working on a simple Tablescape. I set it up the other day to work on the table runner (and snap pics to share it with you guys, of course!).
What I love about this Kraft Paper Table Runner is that it’s really easy and inexpensive (less than $10!) and still looks really festive.
You could also set out markers so people can write things they are thankful for on it or even crayons to let the kids draw!
To create your own all you’ll need is:
- I cut a piece of Kraft Paper about a foot longer than my table on each side. Then I set the table so I could get the layout down to know where to write on each person’s name.
- I moved the plate up 1-2″ higher and traced the edge to create an arc. This was the guideline on which to write the names.
- Then, I wrote each name in cursive in pencil.
- Next, I traced the names in marker.
- Then I did cheater calligraphy. See how easy it is to do it here.
- Erase any pencil lines and brush away the easer pieces.
Simple but pretty! Then I just added a vase of gold pinecones ($3 for a bag in the dollar bins at Target last week…and they were even already painted gold!) with a few Fall floral sprigs I already had on hand (from Michael’s). I also had the candlesticks already (which are really old but they’re from Ashley Furniture).
The cute striped napkins were a few bucks at Target in the party aisles.
Adding a mini pumpkin on each place was a super cheap way to add a pop of color.
The paper flowers are ones I had created for this post over on the Silhouette blog.
You could also print out some of my Color My Hear Happy coloring pages for the kids to color!
Since I couldn’t just leave the table set for the new few weeks (although I seriously considered it), I took it all back down and just rolled up the kraft paper table runner to use on Thanksgiving day!
Want to learn more about Hand-Lettering? Join my free Lettering + Art Class Facebook group but clicking the image below and join my monthly creative challenges on Instagram!
Need some Holiday Gift Ideas? Check out my Gift Guide for Creatives!