2017 Art + Lettering Monthly Challenges2017. The Year of Color! Join these free 30 day challenges on Instagram to practice improve your art + lettering skills! dawnnicoledesigns.com
2017 Art + Lettering Monthly Challenges
After doing the Art + Lettering Instagram challenges the same way for nearly a year and a half now, I felt like it was time to change things up. I know change is hard for many of us, but change is what stretches us. And that helps us grow both as artists and human beings.
So with that being said, I’m super excited to announce the theme of the 2017 Art + Lettering Monthly Challenges: A Year of Color!
If you’re new here, the challenges take place over on Instagram and I regularly featured people from the challenge hashtags. You can find me on Instagram HERE.
The Challenge Hashtags:
How it will work:
- It will still be hosted on Instagram each month and share threads will also continue to be posted in the Facebook Group (There are more details on the FB group below).
- I’ll still be giving you a full set of prompts each month but won’t be telling you whether to letter or do art, that will be totally up to you. I want you to create anything that the prompt inspires you to create. Take as much creative liberty with the prompt as you’d like. Anything goes! There are no real rules in art!
- If you feel more comfortable using the color prompts in conjunction with a specific set of prompts to letter, you can check out my But First Lettering: 365 Days of Prompts eBook HERE.
- I will turn the prompts into a printable PDF you can download to have on hand for easy reference each month and post it here on the blog (as per usual).
- If you’re not sure what a color on the prompt list is, Google it and learn something new! 🙂
When will the first set of prompts be released?
I’ve actually created a master list of all 365 color prompts for 2017. It was harder than you might think to come up with that many color prompts!
The January 2017 Prompts will be posted on December 26, so stay tuned…
Join my Free DND Art + Lettering Facebook class!
It’s a great way to get even more practice and you can also share your challenge work in the daily share threads. Click the image below to join (it’s run via Facebook group and set up so you can join in and catch up at any time)! Join the creative fun here.
Just like I’ve said every month for a year and a half, this challenge is NOT about perfection. It’s about practicing and having fun! Don’t be afraid to search online for inspiration or better yet, take a walk or window shop to find inspiration. Just be sure to take what inspires you and really turn it into your own style.
Remember: Practice Makes Progress!
Here are two of my Pinboards where you can get started checking out some lettering + doodles inspiration!
The only goal: Just create!
New to my site? Check out some handy links below: