30 Days of Florals: Free Brush Calligraphy Workbook! A free beginner-friendly workbook that includes printable + iPad worksheets. This workbook was created thanks to my friends at The Hungry JPEG. They are one of this month’s DND Partner Program sponsors. Sponsors allow me to pay my bills and still give things away free to you all. Win, win! 😍 This post contains sponsored links.
30 Days of Florals: Free Brush Calligraphy Workbook!
One of the many ways to practice lettering and calligraphy is by studying various fonts.
You can use them to study various styles of flourishing, different ways to draw the same letter, for tracing practice, and more.
As you practice and study a wide variety of fonts, you will start to see your own personal style come out.
But remember, of course, that the end goal is to be original and not a copycat!
Creating the Practice Sheets
I used two fonts from The Hungry JPEG’s new May-gical to design and create this workbook for you. I picked Aisyah, modern bouncy style font, and The Beauty Blink, a more traditional style for you to practice.
Doing one worksheet each day fits into a busy schedule while helping you grow your skills with daily practice! You’ll practice letters, words, and full phrases in the form of quotes.
You can check out the full May-gical Fonts + Graphics bundle by clicking the link or image below. It includes 50 fonts and 50 graphics packs that, sold individually, would cost well of $1000! You can grab this bundle for just $29.
Use code DAWNNICOLE for an extra 15% off!
The bundle also comes with a complete commercial use license, so it’s my go-to purchase for fonts and graphics I plan to use for design work and even for creating with my Silhouette machine.
Check out The Hungry JPEG’s latest bundle HERE
What supplies do you recommend?
- Paper: Print on Brush Pen friendly paper. The recommended copy paper is HP Premium32 Paper.
- Brush Pen: The Tombow Fudenosuke is the best brush pens for these worksheets. It’s ideal for beginners and pros alike! It comes in hard and soft tip options. I recommend the combo pack so you can see which you prefer. Or use the Fudenosuke Colors to make practicing even more fun.
- Procreate Brush: DND Basic Brush
Any tips for doing the printable pages?
- Be sure to set your printer scaling “Fit to Page.”
- The Printer I currently use is the HP Color LaserJet Pro MFP M281cdw. I snagged it at Costco for a great price!
- Take your time and remember to use light pressure for the upstrokes and heavy pressure for the downstrokes.
- Lift your pen between each stroke and feel free to turn your page to get a better angle when needed.
How do I import the JPGs into Procreate?
Unzip the file of JPGs. Save the JPGs to your iPad (they’ll save to your Photos).
- Click the + sign and choose the “screen size” canvas while holding your iPad in Portrait Orientation.
- Click the wrench icon in the top left corner and select “insert a photo.” Select the lettering worksheet JPG from your photos. Adjust the worksheet’s size to fit the canvas.
- From the layers panel, click the + to add a layer for lettering. That way you aren’t practicing on the same layer as the worksheet.
Download the Free Workbook!
The workbook is intended for personal use only please and thank you! No commercial use or selling is allowed. Also, I kindly ask that you please do not distribute the PDF in any way shape or form. If you know someone you think would love it, please direct them to this post to grab their free copy.
Click the buttons below to download
Printable Practice Sheets (PDF format)
Procreate Practice Sheets for iPad (zipped file of JPGs)
Note: If you need help with how to unzip a file, Google is your friend! Google “How to unzip a file on a PC” or “How to unzip a file on a Mac”. I recommend downloading to your computer and then transferring to your iPad via AirDrop or Dropbox. If you download directly to your iPad, you’ll need to install an unzip app first.
Connect with The Hungry JPEG on Social Media
Here’s a bigger peek into all the goodies in The May-gical Bundle!
Happy practicing, friends!
I hope you enjoy the free brush calligraphy practice workbook. 😊