Ampersand Symbol Calligraphy Practice Sheets. The ampersand is my favorite character, so I had to turn it into a free brush calligraphy practice sheet set!
Ampersand Symbol Calligraphy Practice Sheets
My love for ampersands runs deep. ?
People always ask why I love ampersands so much that I have one tattooed on my inner left wrist, so here goes:
1️⃣ I’ve always loved letters and words. I was an English major in college and took a ton of poetry classes (both studying poets and writing my own). I think the ampersand is just the most lovely character!
2️⃣ In literature, something always follows the ampersand. It means there is more to the story. So when I’m going through a hard time in life, I can look at my tattoo and remember that this hard moment is not how the story ends. It’s a symbol of hope.
3️⃣ This is along the same lines as reason number two. For me, the ampersand is a symbol of my faith. “And if not, He is still good.” -Daniel 3:18.
It’s a reminder that when God doesn’t answer my prayers like I expect, to be patient and trust that He sees the bigger picture. As Lysa TerKeurst said, “God loves us too much to answer our prayers at any time other than the right time.” ?
Using the Ampersand Symbol Practice Sheets
- Print on Brush Pen friendly paper. The recommended copy paper is HP Premium32 Paper.
- Be sure to set your printer scaling “Fit to Page.”
- The Printer I currently use is the HP Color LaserJet Pro MFP M281cdw. I snagged it at Costco for a great price!
Recommended Brush Pens
- Custom lettering design + worksheets are ©Dawn Nicole Designs®.
- They are for personal use only. Re-distributing, the PDFs and JPGs violates digital copyright laws.
- Please share these free worksheets only by using the link to this original blog post on bydawnnicole.com.
- Thank you for respecting my copyright!
Download the Ampersand Symbol Practice Sheets
Click the links below to download the practice sheets.
Using the Procreate Practice Sheet
Save the worksheet JPG to your iPad and open Procreate.
- Click the + sign and choose the “screen size” canvas while holding your iPad in Portrait Orientation.
- Click the wrench icon in the top left corner and select “insert a photo.” Select the lettering worksheet JPG from your photos. Adjust the worksheet’s size to fit the canvas.
- From the layers panel, click the + to add a layer for lettering. That way, you aren’t lettering on the same layer as the worksheet.
I recommend using the DND Basic Brush from my first bundle of Procreate Brushes.
Set the brush size to about 4-6% on the slider, as shown in the screenshot above. I used 4% for this particular set of Ampersand worksheets.
From the Dawn Nicole Lettering Shop
Check out the free hand-lettering worksheets archives here.
To grab any of the free worksheets shown below,
click the “Continue Reading” Button below the set you’d like to go download.
Have fun with the Ampersand Symbol Calligraphy Practice Sheets!