Basic Strokes Worksheets for Large Brush Pens. Download these free brush calligraphy worksheets and get practicing!
Note: I mentioned most of the info in this post in the Basic Strokes Worksheets for Small Brush Pens post, but it’s worth repeating for those that come to this post first. If you read that post already, you can head right to the supplies and download portion of this post.
Basic Strokes Worksheets for Large Brush Pens
Whether you’re a newbie or experienced with brush calligraphy, it’s always a good time to practice basic strokes. I find large brush pens more challenging to work with than small ones, so I practice these basic strokes all the time. They’re especially helpful to do when you buy a new style or brand of brush pen.
The new sets of Basic Strokes Worksheets include an expanded set of basic calligraphic strokes. These strokes are simply pieces of all the letters of the alphabet.
These worksheets were designed for use with large brush pens. These are the supplies I recommend using.
- Large Brush Pens. My favorites are the Ecoline Watercolor Brush Pens, Ecoline Watercolor Brush Pens, and Ecoline Watercolor Brush Pens.
- HP Premium Choice LaserJet paper for printing the worksheets. It’s gentle on your brush pens.
- Download the worksheets HERE or by clicking the image below.
Doing the Worksheets
- Don’t focus on making your strokes perfectly match mine. Focus more on the thin upstrokes and thick downstrokes!
- Go slow. Like super slow. Speed comes with practice and time but I find my work is most consistent when I keep it slow.
Brush Calligraphy Basics
On the upstrokes, you use light pressure and on the down strokes, you use heavier pressure. I’ll demonstrate this in a video later in the post.
- Check out my How to Do Brush Lettering 101 post here.
- Check out my Brush Calligraphy FAQs post here.
- Read all about my favorite Brush Calligraphy Supplies here.
- Download the free practice worksheets here.
- Recommend brush pen for the worksheets: Tombow Dual Tips
Watch a Brush Calligraphy Basics Video here:
This video is a free mini bonus module from my Constellation Lettering Online Class.
Want to learn Brush Lettering in a more in-depth way? Try the 30 Days of Drills Workbook!
This workbook is perfect for busy beginners who want to learn the art of Brush Calligraphy. Commit to doing just one worksheet every day for 30 days and keep track of your progress with the included checklist!
Are you a fellow writing-utensil addict?
Check out all my favorite Pens, Markers and Pencils here.
Basic Strokes Worksheets for Small Brush Pens
If you missed it last week, I also shared a set of Basic Strokes Worksheets for Small Brush Pens.