Basic Strokes Worksheets for Small Brush Pens. Download these free brush calligraphy worksheets and get practicing!
Basic Strokes Worksheets for Small Brush Pens
Whether you’re a newbie or experienced with brush calligraphy, it’s always a good time to practice basic strokes. It’s a great warmup exercise if you haven’t lettered in a while or got a new type of brush pen.
If you’re a newbie, small brush pens are the perfect way to start brush calligraphy! They’re much easier to work with the larger brush pens.
The new sets of Basic Strokes Worksheets include an expanded set of basic calligraphic strokes. These strokes are simply pieces of all the letters of the alphabet.
These worksheets were designed for use with small brush pens. These are the supplies I recommend using.
- Small Brush Pen. My favorites are the Tombow Fudensuke Pens and the Pentel Touch Fude Flexible Tip Markers (because they come in colors!)
- HP Premium Choice LaserJet paper for printing the worksheets. It’s gentle on your brush pens.
- Download the worksheets HERE or by clicking the image below.
Doing the Worksheets
- Don’t focus on making your strokes perfectly match mine. Focus more on the thin upstrokes and thick downstrokes part!
- Go slow. Like super slow. Speed comes with practice and time but I find my work is most consistent when I keep it slow.
Brush Calligraphy Basics
On the upstrokes, you use light pressure and on the down strokes, you use heavier pressure. I’ll demonstrate this in a video later in the post.
- Check out my How to Do Brush Lettering 101 post here.
- Check out my Brush Calligraphy FAQs post here.
- Read all about my favorite Brush Calligraphy Supplies here.
- Download the free practice worksheets here.
- Recommend brush pen for the worksheets: Tombow Dual Tips
Watch a Brush Calligraphy Basics Video here:
This video is a free mini bonus module from my Constellation Lettering Online Class.
Want to learn Brush Lettering in a more in-depth way?
Check out my 30 Days of Drills Workbook!
This workbook is perfect for busy beginners who want to learn the art of Brush Calligraphy. Commit to doing just one worksheet every day for 30 days and keep track of your progress with the included checklist!
Are you a fellow writing-utensil addict?
Check out all my favorite Pens, Markers and Pencils here.
Basic Strokes Worksheets for Large Brush Pens
Pop over to this post to get the set of Basic Strokes Worksheets for Large Brush Pens.