Days of the Week Free Practice Sheets. Grab these free brush calligraphy practice sheets in printable and Procreate friendly formats!
Days of the Week Free Practice Sheets
This month is going to be all about free practice sheets! In the Facebook group, many of you requested practice sheets with everyday words and phrases. So, that’s what you’re gonna get!
We’re kicking off the month of freebies with the Days of the Week! You’ll be practicing them in a variety of styles, some traditional and some bouncy.
Three new free brush calligraphy practice sheets are going up each week all month, so be sure to check back often or sign up for my weekly Happy Emails, so you don’t miss any of the freebies!
- Paper: Print on Brush Pen friendly paper. The recommended copy paper is HP Premium32 Paper.
- Brush Pen: The Tombow Fudenosuke is the best brush pens for these worksheets. It’s ideal for beginners and pros alike! It comes in hard and soft tip options. I recommend the combo pack so you can see which you prefer. Or use the Fudenosuke Colors to make practicing even more fun.
- Procreate Brush: DND Basic Brush
Using the Printable Practice Sheets
- Be sure to set your printer scaling “Fit to Page.”
- The Printer I currently use is the HP Color LaserJet Pro MFP M281cdw. I snagged it at Costco for a great price!
- Take your time and remember to use light pressure for the upstrokes and heavy pressure for the downstrokes.
- Lift your pen between each stroke and feel free to turn your page to get a better angle when needed.
Download the Practice Sheets
Click the buttons below to download the practice sheets
Printable Practice Sheets (PDF format)
Procreate Practice Sheets for iPad (zipped file of JPGs)
Note: If you need help with how to unzip a file, Google is your friend! Google “How to unzip a file on a PC” or “How to unzip a file on a Mac”. I recommend downloading to your computer and then transferring to your iPad via AirDrop or Dropbox. If you download directly to your iPad, you’ll need to install an unzip app first.
How to Use the Procreate Practice Sheets
Unzip the Days of the Week file of JPGs. Save the JPGs to your iPad (they’ll save to your Photos).
- Click the + sign and choose the “screen size” canvas while holding your iPad in Portrait Orientation.
- Click the wrench icon in the top left corner and select “insert a photo.” Select the lettering worksheet JPG from your photos. Adjust the worksheet’s size to fit the canvas.
- From the layers panel, click the + to add a layer for lettering. That way you aren’t lettering on the same layer as the worksheet.
I recommend using the DND Basic Brush from my first bundle of Procreate Brushes. Set the brush size to about 4-6% on the slider.
From the Lettering Shop
Click here to head to the shop!
Check out the free hand-lettering worksheets archives here.
I hope you enjoy these Days of the Week Free Practice Sheets!