December Birth Flowers Drop Cap Tutorial. Follow along with my step-by-step video for creating this whimsical letter in Procreate.
December Birth Flowers Drop Cap Tutorial
We made it to the end of the year!
Twelve months of Birth Flower Drop Cap tutorials end with this whimsical and festive letter D illustration tutorial. Thank you so much for joining me on this year-long creative journey!
The video tutorial is shy of 30 minutes long, and you may likely need to press pause along the way. You can expect this project to take you about 45 minutes to complete.
New to this series?
I recommend completing the previous lessons first and then coming back to this one, as some lessons build on things taught in previous tutorials.
- January Drop Cap Tutorial
- February Drop Cap Tutorial
- March Drop Cap Tutorial
- April Drop Cap Tutorial
- May Drop Cap Tutorial
- June Drop Cap Tutorial
- July Drop Cap Tutorial
- August Drop Cap Tutorial
- September Drop Cap Tutorial
- October Drop Cap Tutorial
- November Drop Cap Tutorial
What You’ll Need to Follow Along
- iPad and Apple Pencil
- Procreate App
- December Color Palette (Download it free below. It’s in a Procreate-specific format)
- A Variety of Procreate Brushes. Mainly a basic monoline brush, a texture brush, and a few stamp brushes from The Creativity Kit and The Enchanted Winter Kit.
- Drop Cap Reference Sheet. I created a worksheet you can print and reference as we work through the step together.
Click the buttons below to download the freebies!
Watch the DECEMBER Birth Flowers Drop Cap Tutorial Video Lesson
Follow along with the video below to create this whimsical letter D.
This month’s video lesson is just under 30 minutes long.
If you want to skip or re-watch any tutorial portions, here are the timestamps for each section.
- 00:00 Intro
- 00:15 Project Overview
- 00:45 Drawing the D Drop Cap
- 03:49 Decorative Drop Cap Layer
- 08:22 Holly and Berries
- 10:01 Hanging Ornaments
- 16:21 Holly Details
- 19:06 Letter D Details
- 23:44 Background Details
- 28:39 Closing Comments
- 29:38 Outro
NEW IN THE SHOP!
I hope you enjoyed the final video lesson in this year-long series.