DIY: Glove Box Emergency Party Kit + Free Printables
Hey, my loves!
I’m really excited about this month’s post. So, I have this on-going note in my phone’s Notes app that I use to type up a DIY idea whenever I think of them (most of the time they come to me when I should be napping), and when I thought of this project my heart started racing out of pure excitement! And then it took me, like, 10 minutes to fall asleep cuz I was so worked up thinking of all the possibilities I could include in this cute, little box! *squeeee!* (PS, why is it that if something is mini-sized it’s all of a sudden that much cuter?? …Mini party supplies?! So cute!!)
Since I’m big on celebrations (especially birthdays), I’m sure it isn’t a surprise that I care deeply about giving cards, stringing up decorations, and making sure there’s a proper dessert involved somewhere. But sometimes people can be sneaky and spring on you all of a sudden that it’s their birthday and you had no idea, then you’re left there sitting in your booth at Olive Garden feeling like an idiot.
Que the glovebox emergency party kit. (It’s like a emergency first aid kit, but just with balloons and sprinkles, and minus the band aids and antiseptic wipes.)
By the way, I have to mention, it’s pretty impressive how much you can fit in a little box!!
- Small box
- Free birthday card printables
- Free “Yay” bunting flag garland printable + bakers twine
- 2-3 small balloons (BTW water balloons would work great)
- Candles + container to store them in
- Small matchbook
- Confetti + small envelope
- Mini bow
- Washi tape (you never know what you might need tape for!)
- Sprinkles + vile
Note: Feel free to add or leave out anything of your box – you would know better what kind of party you usually throw.
- Print off the cards and the bunting flag garland, and cut them out. Fold the bunting flags in half on the grey lines, and glue them together onto a piece of bakers twine.
- Drop some confetti into the envelope, and pop some candles into the small container. Lastly – cuz it’s my favorite – fill the little vile with sprinkles! *squeal*
- Gather all the supplies and start packing them into the box. Note: I found that the cards fit best when they’re on the very bottom.
- Close the box, and stick in your glove box.
- Bust it out when you’ve gotta get a party started ASAP!
Party on, my friends.
Amy is the face and smarts behind Glitter in My Tea. A self-proclaimed typography junkie, and amateur graphic designer, she lives and loves to create. From tea towels to colonial houses, she admires pretty things, and delights in everything Disney. Other passions include Kate Spade, sprinkles, donuts (sprinkled donuts), smooching her son’s chubby cheeks, and anything sparkly or colorful. She currently lives in Nebraska with her husband, and her super awesome and super cute son, Ben (the one with the chubby cheeks).