DIY: Mean Girls Burn Book Planner + Free Printable
“Four for Glen Coco. You go, Glen Coco!”
If there’s a list of the best, most quote-able, one-liner movies, there’s no way Mean Girls is not on it.
Okay, but seriously. As a subtle shout out to one of the funniest high school movies, I present the Burn Book planner. Read on for the tutorial and for the free printable template! So fetch.
- Pink planner or notebook(I used a Moleskine planner)
- Burn Book free printable template – only available here!
- White card stock
- Black and red Sharpies
- Optional: Q-tips
- Optional: kiss mark stickers
1. Open up the “Burn Book” free printable template. You’ll most likely need to resize it to fit your planner/notebook. Pop the white card stock into your printer and Ctrl+P (ahem, print)!
Optional alternative: Have a knack for calligraphy? Copy the letters by hand! Psst: that’s what I did.
2. Cut out the “Burn Book” letters. Apply glue to the back of the letters. Adhere them to the cover of the planner/notebook.
- For the black letters on white background, cut on the black lines.
- I used super glue to glue the letters down. I figured they would hold up better under everyday wear-and-tear.
3. Now the really fun part! Grab the black Sharpie, and doodle away! It takes some patience, but it’s fun, I promise. (I mean, when was the last time you just doodled on a notebook? High school, probably?) Doodle whatever your heart desires, or check out this picture to copy the real deal.
Optional note: To get the appearance of smudges, take the black Sharpie to the tip of a Q-tip, and swab it on the planner/notebook.
4. Draw the kiss marks with the red Sharpie.
Optional alternative: If you’re drawing skills are sub-par, no problem. Stick some kiss mark stickers on the cover in lieu of free-handin’-it.
5. Fill this planner/notebook with plans to bake cakes DIY: Mean Girls Burn Book Planner + Free Printable. Fill it with rainbows & smiles – none of that mean girl stuff! | Glitter in my Tea for bydawnnicole.com. 🙂
“Love ya!” *kiss kiss*
Amy is the face and smarts behind Glitter in My Tea. A self-proclaimed typography junkie, and amateur graphic designer, she lives and loves to create. From tea towels to colonial houses, she admires pretty things, and delights in everything Disney. Other passions include Kate Spade, sprinkles, donuts (sprinkled donuts), smooching her son’s chubby cheeks, and anything sparkly or colorful. She currently lives in Nebraska with her husband, and her super awesome and super cute son, Ben (the one with the chubby cheeks).