DIY Whipped Vanilla-Peppermint Body Butter
Vanilla-Peppermint is one of my all-time favorite scent combinations. With colder temps coming soon, I wanted to create a body butter that’s natural, moisturizing, and smells good enough to eat! I also thought it was a great way to use the fun new labels I got from KiDECALS. They specialize in awesomely adorable waterproof labels, many of which are perfect for handmade gift giving. They also make keyboard decals, wall decals, and all kinds of labels that work for uses from home canning labels, to kids sippy cups and shoe labels, and more. I’ll give you a peek at a few more gift ideas after the Body Butter recipe!
Store in a cool, dry place (the bathroom isn’t ideal, especially for body butter). I’ve had my homemade body butters/scrub last anywhere from 2-6 months.
Body Butter Ingredients:
- ½ cup coconut oil (measured in a solid state)
- 1 cup coconut butter
- ½ cup jojoba oil
- 4 drops peppermint essential oil
- 1 tsp vanilla in jojoba essential oil
- Create a double boiler by placing a large glass bowl over a pot of water. Be sure the bowl is big enough that the water doesn’t touch the bowl. Place coconut oil, coconut butter, and jojoba oil in the glass bowl.
- Bring water to a boil and then reduce heat to a simmer, and heat until oils and butter are melted and well combined.
- Remove from heat and stir in essential oils. Allow to cool about 10-15 minutes before placing in the fridge for about 2 hours. You want it to solidify but not get too hard. The below picture shows how mine was mostly solid with a just bit of liquid remaining.
- Spoon into a stand mixer and whip until smooth, light and fluffy.
- Use a spatula to push mixture through a fine mesh strainer (optional but it makes it extra silky and smooth!).
- Store in a sterilized glass jar.
- This should keep safely at least 2 months but it probably won’t last that long anyway!
Aren’t the lid labels adorable? I ordered this style and customized it to say Handmade For You.
I also ordered some canning labels and some beer bottle labels for my hubby’s home brew.
The canning labels will be perfect for gifting my Momma’s Homemade Pepper Jelly over the holidays!
The beer labels look awesome on the Hubby’s home brew bottles. His buddies call him “AAA” due to all the “A’s” in our last name so I customized the labels with the “AAA”.
And finally, I shared these Keyboard Decals on Instagram the other day because I’ve had my eye on them for months now and I’m obsessed with how fun and pretty they are. I ordered a full set for myself and a mini set for my momma.
Be sure to visit KiDECALS to browse the many fun items they offer. You can save 15% off your next order when you sign up for their newsletter. Find them across social media here: Facebook, Instagram, Twitter, and Pinterest.