Flourishing Tips and Free Practice Worksheet Set. Plus a video tutorial, free practice worksheets, recommended supplies, and more!
Flourishing Tips and Free Practice Worksheet Set
Let’s chat about flourishing! Almost everyone loves some pretty flourishing, but it can definitely be one of the most challenging and intimidating skills to learn. Why? Because aren’t really any hard and fast rules for how to do it the “right” way!
But the lack of rules also gives you a ton of freedom to get creative. And I do have a few tips to help you work on your flourishing skills (plus, free practice sheets and a video)!
Basic Flourishing Tips
- Know where to flourish. Great places to start adding flourishes include: The beginning and ends of words/phrases. Letters with ascenders like “b” and “t” and letters with descenders like “y” and “g”.
- Create balance. If you create a flourish on one side of the word, add one on the other side too. Flourishing tends to look best when there are balance and symmetry in your overall piece.
- Keep it simple! Especially when you’re starting. The single biggest mistake I see people make is to go overboard with the flourishing!
Download the Free Flourishing Worksheets
I created this Flourishing Worksheet Set full of hand-drawn flourishes to help you practice. Download them HERE. The below video will explain why there are two versions of the worksheet in the PDF you just downloaded.
- HP Premium Choice Laserjet Paper
- Canson Marker Paper
- Huion Portable Light Pad, A4 Size
- Small Brush Pens: Tombow Fude or Pentel Fude Flexible Point Tip
- Large Brush Pens: Tombow Dual Tips
Fantastic Flourishes Online Class.
Teela at Every Tuesday puts out awesome classes. I’ve taken several and I think you’ll love her Flourishing Class!
Check it out HERE.