These fun free Printable Coloring Page Bookmarks are a great way to stay busy, get creative, and encourage reading over summer break!
Free Printable Coloring Page Bookmarks
It’s pretty safe to say you guys love coloring! ?
With Summer coming, I thought incorporating a fun little DIY reading-related project into the coloring page would be a great activity for adults and kids alike.
I’m a huge reader and spend a lot of my free time with my nose in a book. (Side note: You can find me here on Goodreads to see my book reviews!)
So get your markers/crayons/pencils/watercolors and some cardstock ready to create these DIY Bookmarks!
*To save to your computer, click on the image above to open the coloring page. Right click to save to your computer.
Custom lettering design + printables are ©Dawn Nicole Designs®.
They are for personal use only. Re-distributing the PDFs/JPGs violates digital copyright laws.
Please share these free worksheets only by using the link to this original blog post on bydawnnicole.com. Thank you for respecting my copyright!
Steps to make the bookmarks:
- Print on white cardstock.
- Add a layer of colored cardstock if you like (shown below)
- Laminate with these nifty self-laminating sheets. No machine needed!
A lot of people ask about my favorite coloring supplies so here’s what I usually use:
- Paper: Ultra Smooth White Cardstock. This one is perfect for use with markers!
- Colored Pencils: Tombow 1500 Colored Pencils
- Waterbased Markers: Tombow Dual Tips are the Bomb for both coloring and lettering.
- Alcohol Based Markers: Copic Sketch Markers layer and blend dreamily.
- Gel Pens: Sakura Gelly Roll Pens are a staple for adding details over marker or colored pencils!
- Paper Trimmer: I design all coloring pages to be 8×10 so you can easily trim and frame your artwork! A paper trimmer gives you nice straight lines if, like me, you have the straight line cutting skills of a 5-year-old.
The third bookmark in the set was inspired by Zentangle Dangle Designs.