Get Featured! In the spirit of community over competition, here’s how to get your Art and Lettering Work featured on the Dawn Nicole Designs blog, email newsletter, and/or social media accounts.
Want to get featured on my site and/or social media?
I recently posted on social media to gather your feedback on a new “Get Featured!” opportunity. I shared with you that what I’d love to do is start featuring inspiring work of community members (that’s you)! The feedback was ALL yeses. Well technically, hundreds of “yeses” so far and just one “no”. There’s always one. 😜
So here’s how “Get Featured!” will work:
- The features will be via my weekly Happy Emails, on my blog, and/or social media.
- My emails go out to over 50k creatives and the blog gets about 600k-1 million page views each month so it is a great way to grow your Instagram.
- Features are picked via Instagram from the #yesDNDfeatures hashtag. If you’d like to get featured, simply tag your work with that hashtag. Use of the hashtag gives me permission to feature your work (with full credit, of course)!
- If selected, I will share your photo, give full credit to you, and share a link to your IG account where people can follow you.
- For blog features, I’d feature 5+ photos, so your photo may also be used in a collage photo so I can pin the post on Pinterest, which gets everyone featured more exposure!
- I created a special hashtag and ask for permission each time (#yesDNDfeatures). You just have to reply using that hashtag to let me know you’re ok with being featured. In other words, if I want to feature your work, I’ll comment on your IG post with that hashtag, so keep an eye out for it (an example of the verbiage I’ll use appears below). You still own your photo, of course, this simply gives me your permission to feature it using your image. 😀
And that’s it. Sound like fun?
Start tagging your best work over on Instagram with #yesDNDfeatures!
If you have questions, leave them below!
- Visit my Hand Lettering 101 page. It’s the newbie’s guide to hand lettering, brush lettering, iPad lettering, and chalk lettering!
- Check out the free hand lettering worksheets archives here.
- Join my Facebook Art + Lettering Group here.
- Beginners Lettering: Check out Lettering Bundle of Worksheets and eBooks here.
- Intermediate Lettering: Check out my Constellation Lettering Online Class here.