Give Thanks Color Palette. Grab the free color palette I used to create this “Give Thanks” hand lettering in the Procreate app!
Give Thanks Color Palette
Gratitude turns what we have into enough, and more. It turns denial into acceptance, chaos into order, confusion into clarity…it makes sense of our past, brings peace for today, and creates a vision for tomorrow. -Melody Beattie
I believe this Melody Beattie quote is from a book she wrote over a decade ago, but it sure feels extra relevant in 2020!
GIVE THANKS Artwork Details + Lettering Tips
- I created this Give Thanks lettering and artwork using my newest Procreate Brush Set, The Texture Brush Kit. Check out a close-up look at the textures in this piece below.
- This just-for-fun piece took me 2 hours and 16 minutes from start to finish. If you want to see how long your Procreate pieces are taking you, it’s super easy:
- With your canvas open in the app, tap the Action tool (the wrench).
- Then, tap “Canvas” > “Canvas Information” > “Statistics”.
- Need help with how to use texture brushes in the Procreate App? Watch this Textured Ampersand Video Tutorial and this Love Lettering Video Tutorial for more help with using textures.
- You can learn the Serif Lettering Style I used in this artwork in my Quinn Style Lettering Workbook.
Using the GIVE THANKS Color Palette
- Right-click or screenshot the photos in the blog post to save each lettering example and color palette.
- Learn How to set up Custom Color Palettes in Procreate here.
- Use them in design programs such as Photoshop and Illustrator.
- Match your physical art supplies (markers, colored pencils, watercolors, etc.) to the palette and work the old-school way!
Insta-Inspo + Procreate Tips.
- On my Instagram, many of my posts include a “Swipe to watch the process video,” which shows you how I take things from a sketch to a final piece.
- Check out my iPad Lettering video lessons and tutorials. I use many of the tips and techniques I’ve shared in my lettering pieces.
- I hope that you’ll use my color palettes and my work to inspire your own artwork. Please remember, there’s a fine line between being inspired by someone else’s work and being a copycat, so be sure to create something original.
Learn lettering with me!
- Grab my new Hand Lettering for Beginners Workbook and learn all about lettering basics.
- Complete the 25 worksheets to learn varied weight Sans Serif, Script, and Serif lettering styles. Then use them in your original lettering work!
- The Quinn Style Workbook is a follow-up to the Hand Lettering for Beginners Workbook.
Have fun creating with the Give Thanks Color Palette!