Good Vibes Color Palette. Grab the color palette I used for my hand-lettered “Good vibes” artwork + tips for how to use it!
Good Vibes Color Palette
For this just-for-fun piece, I was inspired by ’70s style lettering and my love of positivity and good vibes! How great is this quote:
“Positive thinking is more than just a tagline. It changes the way we behave. And I firmly believe that when I am positive, it not only makes me better, but it also makes those around me better.”
— Harvey Mackay
After sharing this blog post, I decided I wasn’t happy with the word “Vibes,” so I reworked it, which is the updated version. The flow of the “i” to “b” is much better, and the “e” is less squished.
Here are a few ways to level up your lettering:
- Pick a decade and Google it to study lettering styles from your chosen decade. Use what you find to inspire your next lettering piece.
- Try using this color palette or one of the many other palettes I have here on the blog.
- Use brushes with texture and 3D styles of lettering to add character to your piece. You can read more about 3D Lettering in Procreate here. A close-up look at the textures is shown below.
Using the Good Vibes Color Palette
- Right-click or screenshot the photos in the blog post to save each lettering example and color palette.
- Learn How to set up Custom Color Palettes in Procreate here.
- Use them in design programs such as Photoshop and Illustrator.
- Match your physical art supplies (markers, colored pencils, watercolors, etc.) to the palette and work the old-school way!
Insta-Inspo + Procreate Tips
- On my Instagram, many of my posts include a “Swipe to watch the process video,” which shows you how I take things from a sketch to a final piece.
- Check out my iPad Lettering video lessons and tutorials. I use many of the tips and techniques I’ve shared in my lettering pieces.
- I hope that you’ll use my color palettes and my work to inspire your own artwork. Please remember, there’s a fine line between being inspired by someone else’s work and being a copycat, so be sure to create something original.
Have fun creating with my Good Vibes Color Palette!