Good Vibes Color Palette. Grab the color palette I used for my hand-lettered “Good vibes” artwork + tips for how to use it!
Good Vibes Color Palette
For this just-for-fun piece, I was inspired by 70’s style lettering and my love of positivity and good vibes! How great is this quote:
“Positive thinking is more than just a tagline. It changes the way we behave. And I firmly believe that when I am positive, it not only makes me better, but it also makes those around me better.”
— Harvey Mackay
After I shared this blog post, I decided I wasn’t happy with the word “Vibes” so I reworked it and this is the updated version. The flow of the “i” to “b” is much better and the “e” is less squished.
Here are a few ways to level-up your lettering:
- Pick a decade and Google it to study lettering styles from your chosen decade. Use what you find to inspire your next lettering piece.
- Try using this color palette or one of the many other palettes I have here on the blog.
- Use brushes with texture and 3D styles of lettering to add character to your piece. You can read more about 3D Lettering in Procreate here. A closeup look at the textures is shown below.
Using the Good Vibes Color Palette
- Right-click or screenshot the photos in the blog post to save each lettering example and color palette.
- Learn How to set up Custom Color Palettes in Procreate here.
- Use them in design programs such as Photoshop and Illustrator.
- Match your physical art supplies (markers, color pencils, watercolors, etc.) to the palette and work the old school way!
Insta-Inspo + Procreate Tips
- On my Instagram, many of my posts include a “Swipe to watch the process video,” which shows you how I take things from a sketch to a final piece.
- You can check out my iPad Lettering in Procreate tips over on this page on the blog. I used a lot of the tutorials I’ve shared on that page in many of my lettering pieces.
- I create my lettering with a wide variety of my Procreate Brushes + Stamps. For creating layouts, I also love to use grid stamps from the Lettering + Grid Builder Bundle. All are available over in my Lettering Shop.
- I hope that you’ll use my color palettes and my work to inspire your own artwork. Please remember, there’s a fine line between being inspired by someone else’s work and being a copycat, so be sure to create something original.
Learn lettering with me!
- Grab my new Hand Lettering for Beginners Workbook and learn all about lettering basics.
- Complete the 25 worksheets to learn varied weight Sans Serif, Script, and Serif lettering styles. Then use them in your original lettering work!
Have fun creating with my Good Vibes Color Palette!