Guest Post Guidelines
Last updated: August 2, 2016
WHY I ACCEPT GUEST POSTS
I believe in a spirit of community of competition and helping others grow their blogs (check out my Blogging 101 page)! This is an awesome job and I love sharing what I’ve learned along the way.
This page is a bit lengthy but please keep in mind this is my full time business and how I help support my family, so I must also be sure that all the content on it fits my niche, helps my lovely readers, and looks pretty, of course. 😉
HOW TO APPLY
First, read this page very carefully in it’s entirety, then apply to guest post per the following instructions. PLEASE follow these instructions carefully. Emails that do not follow the directions below will not be considered for a guest post.
- You must be a blogger or small business shop owner (Etsy, Creative Market, Freelance Graphic Designer, etc.). The point of the guest post is to help you grow by promoting your blog/shop at the end of your guest post.
- You will write one original Blog Post that is one of the following: a free printable, free styled photos or mockups, a step by step art tutorial, or a step-by-step hand lettering tutorial.
- You can see a great example of a guest post format and layout HERE (free printable) and HERE (art/lettering tutorial).
- Email us at hello[at]bydawnnicole.com.com with the following:
- Your name, your site, and links to your social media so we can check out your awesome work.
- Tell us long you’ve been blogging or a small business shop owner.
- Are you familiar with using the WordPress Dashboard? (yes or no)
- Confirm that you’ve read the Guest Post Guidelines (this page) and agree to them.
- A minimum of 3 ideas for your guest post. Pictures are awesome, but not required.
WHAT YOU GET OUT OF IT
- Your work in front of a whole new audience that reaches over 305,000 readers!
- Blog/Shop Bio at end of post.
- 3 Blog Posts/Shop Listing featured at end of post.
- Post will be pinned to a 2 month pin campaign to my nearly 100k followers + various group boards.
- Post will be amplified on my social media. Your account(s) will be tagged and credited for the guest post.
- I’m super picky about what gets featured on my Instagram feed. If your post fits my Instagram niche and feed aesthetic, I may feature it there. In that case, I’ll need a square IG image that is 1200×1200 pixels sent via email to email@example.com. I will credit you in the caption as well as tag you in the photo.
- If you really rock your post, I may offer you a future spot on the Dawn Nicole Designs Creative Team (which is paid and includes access to a private FB group where I mentor you and you can ask me anything)!
As of August 2016, Dawn Nicole Designs™ has a total reach of over 305,000 and gets 500-670k page views monthly.
- Pinterest: 96K+
- Facebook: 35K+
- Instagram: 44K+
- Twitter: 4.1k
- Email List: 32k+
- Google+/BlogLovin/RSS: 3k
- YouTube: 4.6k+
- Klout Score of 73 which puts me in the top 10% of social media users.
WRITING YOUR GUEST POST
- You will be given a temporary username and login to enter the post in my WordPress Dashboard. This will require that you add the text and upload images. (I will edit and add SEO elements to the post as needed). You will also add your headshot, bio and 3 blog posts or shop listings you’d like to promote.
- Again, you can see a great example of a guest post format and layout HERE (free printable) and HERE (art/lettering tutorial).
- After you write the post, click “save as draft” so I can review it. Please, do not publish or schedule it.
- Please include a minimum of 3-5 photos in your post. Make sure they are clear and bright. I will ask you to re-take any dark or fuzzy images.
- All images should be sized to 600 pixels wide before you upload to WordPress (with the exception of Hi-Res downloads).
- The first image should be vertical. Optional but strongly recommended: Create a pinnable image to include in your post. I usually do a 600×1500 image. These long images get so much more pin action! I can help with this if need.
- Facebook prefers horizontal images, so please include at least one horiztonal image.
- Feel free to watermark your photos “Your blog for dawnnicoledesigns.com”.
- Rename post images to the title of your post before you upload them to WordPress. This helps boost your SEO! So instead of leaving them something like DSC00019, rename them as “ButterflyColoringPg1.jpg”, “ButterflyColoringPg2.jpg” etc.
- When you upload the photos to WP, please change the “Title” and “Alt Text” (see screenshot below). Example text: “DIY Hand Lettered Placecards | Your Blog for DawnNicoleDesigns.com”
- Ownership of photos in the post remain yours but you do grant me permission to use them on any social media or site related to Dawn Nicole Designs.
- ADDING FREE DOWNLOADS TO YOUR POST: Please upload the freebies (PDF, JPG) right into my WordPress Media just like you do photos and then link to them. If you need help with this, just let me know!
We look forward to hearing from you!