Hand-Lettered Hugs & Hope Free Printable Card. Grab this free 5×7 printable card in full color or coloring page style options!
Hand-Lettered Hugs & Hope Free Printable Card
It’s always an honor to participate in a #CreateRoomforGood Campaign with my friends at Create Room (they’re the makers of my DreamBox).
As part of their latest Create Room For Good project, they’re challenging our creative community to spread love and sunshine by writing letters to the elderly.
While you can certainly create your own card, I have created a hand-lettered free printable card and coloring page card you can use to participate. Just print, cut, fold, and add a heartfelt written note inside.
Keep reading for all the details on how to participate.
Create Room for Good
Most nursing homes, assisted living facilities, hospices and senior centers cannot accept visitors at this time and many residents are isolated from family and very lonely. My grandma is one of those and I know a card like this would brighten her day.
Ready to join in?
Follow these simple instructions from the organization:
- Letters must be legible (large print) and handwritten. No worries if you’re not artistic– make your card as what you’d like to receive. Or print my Hugs and Hope Free Printable Card using the download buttons near the end of this post. 🙂
- Your letter should resonate with anyone. For this reason, they ask that you avoid religion, if possible.
- Exclude the date. So don’t put the day, month, or year on your card or letter.
- Embrace creativity! Recipients love it when the letters are personal. You are encouraged to make your letters detailed, thoughtful, and heartfelt.
- Be kind and thoughtful (more than talking about yourself). This is a one-way letter exchange, meaning you will not receive a letter back, so remember that no reciprocation attached is part of the beauty of your act of kindness, and the recipients don’t feel burdened by feeling obligated or being unable to respond. Pretend like it’s the start of a conversation. What kinds of things would you want to talk about to a stranger? Perhaps tell them about yourself, maybe say a joke or a riddle and let them know that they are loved.
- Envelope your letters if you can! It’s so much nicer to open up an enveloped card, don’t you think?
Want to see some examples?
Head over to the Create Room website to check some out!
MAIL YOUR CARDS and Letters!
If you’re sending more than 1 letter, leave your enveloped letters unsealed and unstamped and put them in a larger envelope or box to send.
Love For The Elderly
P. O. Box 24248
Cleveland, OH 44124
Spread the Love!
If you can participate, we’d love to see you share photos of your letters to inspire others to join. Use the hashtag #CreateRoomForGood when you share your photos!
Download my Free Printable Card
Click the buttons below to download the cards.
- Custom lettering design + cards are ©Dawn Nicole Designs®.
- Please do not claim the designs as your own. If you share pics of these cards on social media, that’s awesome and totally ok, but please credit me in the caption of your post by tagging me at @bydawnnicole.
- These are for personal use and use for the Love for the Elderly campaign only. Re-distributing, the PDFs violates digital copyright laws.
- Please share these freebies only by using the link to this original blog post on bydawnnicole.com.
- Thank you for respecting my copyright!
EXCLUSIVE DREAMBOX DISCOUNT CODE!
Use my EXCLUSIVE code DAWNNICOLE during specific promotion times!
It will be the current best offer during Create Room Sales.
Use code DAWNNICOLE to get $100 off the DreamBox
or DAWNNICOLE50 to get $50 off the DreamCart