iPad Lettering 101: How to Use Procreate. An ongoing blog and video series. New posts and video tutorials will be to be added to this page frequently, so check back often!
iPad Lettering 101: How to Use Procreate
Current Tools: I work on the iPad Pro 12.9″ (Gen 3) with the Apple Pencil 2 in Procreate 4 for all lettering work.
The magic of iPad Lettering lies in the trio that is the iPad + Apple Pencil + the Procreate app. You’ll be beyond amazed at what you can digitally create with this combo of tools!
iPad Lettering Basics
- Getting Started with iPad Lettering + the Apple Pencil
- How to Create Custom Color Palettes in Procreate
- How to Use Mockups in Procreate
- 7 Classes to Help You Rock iPad Lettering
- FREE PROCREATE BRUSH! Grab my DND Ombré Bleed Procreate Brush
NEW IN THE SHOP!
More From the Lettering Shop
DND Procreate Brush Bundle
DND Floral Lettering Brush Bundle
iPad Lettering Free Practice Sheets
Want free practice sheets? Head to this post to see all the freebies!
Using PDF Lettering Worksheets in Procreate
To use PDFs in Procreate, this is how I do it:
- I download the PDF on my computer and save it to a file-sharing site (like iCloud Drive or Dropbox).
- Then open the PDF on my iPad (using Dropbox) and take a screenshot of the page I want to practice.
- Then in Procreate 4, simply tap the “Photo” option in the top right corner of the screen.
- Choose the photo from wherever you’ve saved it on your iPad.
- Add a new layer to letter on (so you’re not lettering on the same layer as the worksheet) and practice away! 🙂
DND Creative Lettering Procreate Brush Bundle
Suggestions for things you’d like to learn are welcome!
Sound off in the comments.