Like it, Love it, Obsessed: October Edition. A monthly blog series. It’s a fun way to share new goodies I’m loving…and it helps justify my shopping problem! Win, win.
Like it, Love it, Obsessed: October Edition
This has become one of my favorite posts to write each month! Here are the Art + Lettering Goodies I can’t get enough of lately.
One: Favorite Art Supply of the Month
Silhouette’s new rose gold metallic vinyl. 😍 I love this vinyl so much! It’s such an easy way to make DIY Foiled Prints without needing a laser jet printer and laminator or another foiling machine. I also have the Minc Machine but this is so much easier (and gives a more consistent final result). I had no issues cutting this with my Silhouette and using transfer tape to put my design on white cardstock.
A step-by-step blog post for How to Create Your Own Foiled Vinyl Prints is coming to the blog soon!
- Where to get the Rose Gold Metallic Vinyl: Amazon // Silhouette (Side note: You can save 10% off at Silhouette by clicking HERE and using the code 10OFF)
- Get my hand-lettered “Be All There” Design HERE.
Two: Latest Lettering Books
These are two of the books I added to my personal “Lettering Library” collection this month.
- Lettering with Purpose. This instructional book was written by my sweet friend and Tombow Social Media Manager, Brittany Luiz. There are so many fun lettering styles to try. I opened the book to two of my favorites. If you’re looking for something that really dives into teaching lettering and styles, this is a book you’ll want for your collection.
- The Signs of Italy by Louise Fili. This one is not an instructional book. It’s a “filled with inspiration” one I flip through to find inspiration on new lettering styles to try and develop!
Three: Art + Lettering Classes
I took a handful of online classes this month but my favorite was by Valerie McKeehan (aka the Queen of Chalk Lettering + Illustration). This is her second class with Brit + Co.
I’ve taken both her classes and linked them below if you’re interested in checking them out! She’s a great teacher and chalk is such a cool medium to work with (and so affordable too).
- Check out her latest class: Intro to Chalk Illustration Class HERE.
- Check out her first class: Intro to Chalk Lettering HERE.
Four: Artsy iPad Lettering Style!
I can’t get enough of lettering on my iPad in this style. A tutorial and video for it went out to my Happy Email Club a few weeks ago, but it will also be posted on the blog this Wednesday (October 4), so stay tuned!
Five: Random Things I’m Loving
- Stitch Fix. I was doing a monthly fix but decided to move to a seasonal fix. My Fall fix rocked! I love that Stitch Fix gets me to try things I wouldn’t necessarily pick out myself. I kept everything from this fix (again!) but my favorite things were:
- A pair of pull-on London Denim pants in Olive Green and they fit like a dream. Cute and comfy. I had never heard of this brand until my Fix. I ended up ordering a few more colors (denim, white, and black) on Zappos because they’re so comfy. The olive color was a Stitch Fix exclusive so I requested them in another fun color for my Winter fix if possible.
- A pair of Splendid suede booties that are so cute! A girl can never have enough booties.
- Microblading. I got my eyebrows done and I love it! A blog post documenting the process for those who are curious about it is coming soon.
Stay tuned for next month’s Like it, Love it, Obsessed
Read more of my Favorite Things Posts HERE.
Tell me some of your most recent favorite things in the comments.