Like it, Love it, Obsessed: September Edition. A monthly blog series. It’s a fun way to share new goodies I’m loving…and it helps justify my shopping problem! Win, win.
Like it, Love it, Obsessed: September Edition
This has become one of my favorite posts to write each month! Here are the Art + Lettering Goodies I can’t get enough of lately…
One: Favorite Art Supply of the Month
Glass Spring Dip Pens! You probably saw that I posted about these on social media the day I bought them…and then the day I bought a few more. Not only are the stunningly beautiful to look at and use as photo props, they’re so easy to write with. Just dip in ink and write. I found one dip in ink lasted 2-5 sentences or more!
My favorite inks to use with them lately are:
- Diamine Shimmering Fountain Pen Ink in Tropical Glow
- Diamine Fountain Pen Ink in Pink Hope (It looks red in the bottle but it’s a super-fun pink on paper.)
Two: Latest Lettering Books
The books I added to my personal “Lettering Library” collection this month. They are not instructional books, they are more “filled with inspiration” lettering books and that’s the kind of books I want more of. They’re the ones I flip through to find inspiration on new lettering styles to try and develop!
- Hand to Type: Scripts, Hand-Lettering and Calligraphy – This book is much larger in size than I expected and it’s a great addition to my collection.
- Junk Type – Chock full of vintage signs and lettering. Swoon.
- Custom Lettering of the 20s and 30s – I now have all of Rian Hughes “decades” lettering books and I love them all!
Three: Art + Lettering Classes
- Lettering for Lefties – My friend Lauren at Renmade Calligraphy teamed up with Brit + Co for a class just for us lefties!!
- Intro to Chalk Lettering – Want to get started with Chalk Lettering? I loved this class by Valerie McKeehan of Lily & Val. You’ve probably seen her lovely work all over the place. (I’ve seen it on wall art for sale in shops all the way over here in Germany!)
Four: Adobe Lightroom
I’ve had the Adobe Creative Cloud for several years now and learning to edit my photo in Lightroom has been on my to do list for ages. I finally got around to this month and it’s super, duper cool. It will now be my go-to program to edit photos!
- I took this Intro to Adobe Lightroom Online Class to get familiar with it. It’s easy to learn and this class was full of awesome tips.
- I bought this pack of Lightroom Presets for Bloggers on Creative Market to make editing photos quick and easy. It came with instructions on installing the presets which was super helpful and easier than I expected it to be, yay!
Five: Random Things I’m Loving
I just bought Ryan Hamrick’s Procreate Lettering Brushes Pack. There are 14 awesome brushes in this pack and I’m having a blast playing with them!
Powered by Creative Market
Stay tuned for next month’s Like it, Love it, Obsessed
Read more of my Favorite Things Posts HERE.
Tell me some of your most recent favorite things in the comments.