Soda Pop Color Palette. Grab the sweet color palette I used to create this lyrical hand lettering in the Procreate app!
Soda Pop Color Palette
But I read that soda kills you and Jesus saves
-Gavin DeGraw, lyrics from the song “Best I Ever Had”
It’s no secret that Gavin is one of my all-time favorite musical artists, and his lyrics have inspired several lettering pieces I’ve done. This is one I did a bit over a year ago, but I recently updated the color and some of the letters.
Not only is “soda” in the lyrics, but the colors remind me of a vintage soda shop, so that’s why I called this the “Soda Pop Color “Palette.”
SODA POP Artwork Details + Lettering Tips
- I created this Soda Pop lettering and artwork using several of my procreate Procreate Brush Sets, but the textures were all added using The Texture Brush Kit. Check out a close-up look at the textures in this piece below.
- This artwork took me 2 hours and 29 minutes and 1450 pencil strokes from start to finish (not including the time I took to do the original sketching on paper before moving to my iPad). If you want to see how long your Procreate pieces are taking you, it’s super easy:
- With your canvas open in the app, tap the Action tool (the wrench).
- Then, tap “Canvas” > “Canvas Information” > “Statistics”.
- Need help with how to use texture brushes in the Procreate App? Watch this Textured Ampersand Video Tutorial and this Love Lettering Video Tutorial for more help with using textures.
Get the Texture Brush Kit for Procreate →
Using the SODA POP Color Palette
- Right-click or screenshot the photos in the blog post to save each lettering example and color palette.
- Learn How to set up Custom Color Palettes in Procreate here.
- Use them in design programs such as Photoshop and Illustrator.
- Match your physical art supplies (markers, colored pencils, watercolors, etc.) to the palette and work the old-school way!
Insta-Inspo + Procreate Tips.
- On my Instagram, many of my posts include a “Swipe to watch the process video,” which shows you how I take things from a sketch to a final piece.
- Check out my iPad Lettering video lessons and tutorials. I use many of the tips and techniques I’ve shared in my lettering pieces.
- I hope that you’ll use my color palettes and my work to inspire your own artwork. Please remember, there’s a fine line between being inspired by someone else’s work and being a copycat, so be sure to create something original.
Follow me on Instagram →
Learn lettering with me!
- Grab my new Hand Lettering for Beginners Workbook and learn all about lettering basics.
- Complete the 25 worksheets to learn varied weight Sans Serif, Script, and Serif lettering styles. Then use them in your original lettering work!
You Might Also Like…
- The Quinn Style Workbook is a follow-up to the Hand Lettering for Beginners Workbook.
- The Chloe Style is the latest in my hand-lettering workbook series. Check it out HERE.
Have fun creating with the Soda Pop Color Palette!
Facebook // Pinterest // Instagram // Shop