Spencerian Script Style: Letter K Worksheets. This post is part of the 30 Days of Spencerian Script Style Worksheets series. I’m posting a new free Spencerian Style Practice Worksheet every day for thirty days!
Spencerian Script Style: Letter K Worksheets
This post is part of the 30 Days of Spencerian Script Style Worksheets series. I’m posting a new free Spencerian Style Practice Worksheet every day for thirty days!
- Dip Pen + Nib. The recommended nib: Nikko G
- Recommended printer paper: HP Premium Choice LaserJet
- Free Spencerian Script Practice Worksheets (click here to access the main page for the whole series of worksheets and a basic strokes worksheet and video)
Please note: Worksheets are for personal use only. Please do not redistribute. You may share them by posting a link to this full post. Thank you!
Spencerian Script Style
Here are few notable things I’ve learned while studying the Spencerian style.
- The slant is 52 degrees.
- The x-height is not fixed.
- It is more delicate in appearance than the Copperplate style.
- When you’re writing words and sentences, the thicker strokes are applied irregularly and don’t follow the usual “light pressure for upstrokes, heavy pressure for downstrokes rule”. I’ve read that the general guideline is to apply the thicker strokes to every 3-4 characters.
Download the Letter K Worksheets
To use the worksheets, simply download, print, and practice!
Want more free lettering goodies?
Sign up for instant access to my FREE Happy Email Club, a resource library full of exclusive Art + Lettering worksheets, shareable quotes, coloring pages, mockups, video tutorials, and more. New freebies and fresh content are sent via email and added to the Happy Email Club content area each week on Mondays! Click here to join the club.
MORE LETTERING + CALLIGRAPHY RELATED POSTS
- Visit the Hand Lettering 101: Newbie’s Guide to Getting Started page here.
- Check out the free hand-lettering worksheets archives here.
- Visit my Brush Lettering FAQs page here.
- I run a free Facebook Art + Lettering Group which you can join here.
- Beginners: Check out Lettering Bundle of Worksheets and eBooks here.
- Intermediate: Check out my Constellation Lettering Online Class here.
[irp posts=”17210″ name=”Brush Calligraphy and Lettering FAQs”]