The Art of Lettering Facebook Group. Join this group for inspiration, education, and to connect with others who share your love of lettering. This page may contain affiliate links. See our full disclosures here.
The Art of Lettering Facebook Group
Hi! I’m Dawn, a Full-Time Lettering Artist and Blogger. You can read more about me here.
Connect with me below:
Haven’t joined yet? Request to join the group HERE
- Be kind. This is a happy place to share inspiration! I’m a super easy-going person but I won’t give warnings on this rule. Be kind or be banned.
- Please keep your artwork PG in here. This community is intended to be uplifting, inspirational, and happy, so certain artwork just doesn’t have a place in the group.
- Please do not sell to the group or share sales, affiliate links, or self-promotional blog posts. Any such posts will be deleted.
- All photos belong in a daily share thread. You can share something related to the prompt or anything you’re working on. This helps keep the group organized.
- Have a question? Just ask! This group is for everyone from very beginner to seasoned artist.
- Due to the group’s size, please reserve “posting to the wall” exclusively for questions.
- This group is free! But I may post disclosed affiliate links from time to time. I’m extremely picky about what I share with my readers, so rest assured if I share it with you, it’s something I use and L.O.V.E.
WHY WASN’T MY POST APPROVED?
- All photo/work shares belong in a daily share thread due to the size of the group. Please reserve posting to the wall for questions. Thank you! 🙂
- As many of the same questions are asked over and over again, please try using the “group search bar” to find an answer prior to posting your question on the wall. If your question isn’t approved, this is likely the reason. 😉
- If I feel your question is asking the group to do your work for you or isn’t otherwise appropriate for a group setting, it may not be approved.
- All photos shared in the group must be your own or properly credited. Images pulled from Pinterest or anywhere else online MUST be properly credited for your post to be approved. It’s only fair to credit someone else’s work, even if it’s just being used to ask a question.
- It was customer Service related. Since I’m pretty much a one-woman show, please send all customer service or e-product questions to me via email at firstname.lastname@example.org so I can best assist you. Questions of this nature posted in the group will not be approved.
GETTING STARTED WITH LETTERING
- Total Newbie? Start here with my Hand Lettering 101 page. The Newbie’s Guide to Getting Started with the Art of Hand Lettering, Brush Lettering, Modern Calligraphy, iPad Lettering, and Chalk Lettering.
- Fellow pen addicts unite! I’m often asked about my favorites. You can check out my personal collection of Pens, Pencils, and Markers here.
- Brush Calligraphy: Start with my Brush Calligraphy FAQs post. I’ll tell you what brush pen to start with, paper to use, share a video lesson on how to hold your pen, and more!
- 30 Days to Better Brush Calligraphy: This challenge and a free set of 30 worksheets is a great place for brush lettering newbies to start! Get started here.
- Paper Matters: Find out the best types of paper to use for brush lettering.
- Bounce Lettering: Love that bouncy style you see all over social media. Here’s what it is and how to do it.
- Flourishing: Want to work on your flourishing? Check out my tips, a video, and download a free basics worksheet with over 70 flourishes here.
- iPad Lettering: Get the basics and beyond on the iPad Lettering 101 page.
- Lettering Styles: Get inspiration and instruction on new lettering styles to try here.
- Embossing: Learn how to Heat Emboss Your Lettering in Four Simple Steps.
- Modern Calligraphy 101: Pointed pen calligraphy gets a lot easier after you get brush calligraphy down. Here’s how to get started with a pointed pen.
- Watercolor: This is a list of my favorite sets for watercolor lettering and painting.
- Practice Makes Progress!
- Check out the practice worksheet archives for a ton of worksheets to help you improve.
- Get 101 Printable Hand Lettering Practice Prompt Ideas.
- Basic Strokes Worksheets: For Small Brush Pens and Large Brush Pens
- Join the 2018 Lettering Challenge. Get the prompts here!
MORE LETTERING RESOURCES
- Sign up for my weekly Happy eMails here to get new, exclusive content each week. It’s free!
- You can find a lot of Lettering and Art inspiration on my Pinterest account here.
- Check out my Favorite Lettering and Typography Books for Inspiration.
- Level up! For my intermediate lettering artists. Here are 10 Lettering Classes to Take Your Skills to the Next Level!
- Looking to sell your work? See my tips for How to Price Your Lettering and Design Work.
- Photography Tips for Hand Lettering Artist. Get all my tips and tricks here.
THE BUSINESS OF CREATIVE BLOGGING
Free Blogging as a Business Course:
Get all the details here on this free 12-Lesson e-Course here.
- Start a creative blog in five simple steps
- Dealing with Critics, Haters, and Self-Doubt
- Talent vs Hard Work: What Matters More?
Thank you so much for sharing your creativity and inspiring others!