Silhouette Saturday: There’s No Way You Woke Up Like That Mug + Free Cut File
This post may contain affiliate links. Your cost is the same, but it helps support the site and keep our freebies FREE! See our full disclosures here. Thanks for your support!
When I first saw this saying on a no-longer-available Victoria’s Secret Pajama shirt, I laughed out loud. Mostly because I know how I look when I wake up (puffy, tired eyes and crazy hair). If you’re not familiar with the popular hashtag that’s been going around, it’s #iwokeuplikethis. I love this sassy and honest comeback. So of course I created a graphic and slapped it on a coffee mug!
Here’s What You’ll Need to Make Your Own:
- Silhouette CAMEO (or Portrait)
- Black Permanent Vinyl (I used this one)
- Transfer Paper/Tape
- Hook Tool
- Coffee Mug
- Rubbing Alcohol
- There’s No Way You Woke Up Like That Cut File* (click to download)
*Notes on cut file:
- The cut file is for personal use only.
- Please note this is a .studio3 file. If you haven’t updated your software, you need to do that first to be able to use this. It’s always a good idea to keep your software up to date! You can update it here.
- To open the design, open Silhouette Studio first. Then use File>Open and select the saved cut file.
- Clean the surface of the mug with rubbing alcohol. Allow to dry while you open the cut file and size it to best fit your mug in Silhouette Studio.
- Cut on vinyl and weed the design with the hook tool.
- Apply transfer tape and burnish using the scraper.
- Cut notches along the transfer tape, taking care not to cut the vinyl. This simple trick helps you apply the design smoothly, without wrinkles.
- Press down be sure the design is on well and then peel of the transfer tape.
And there you have it. A little humor mixed with a lot of coffee is always a great way to start the day!
JOIN OUR SILHOUETTE FACEBOOK GROUP! For all of you silhouette lover’s out there, my friend Kimber of The Pinning Mama and I have created a new Silhouette Facebook Group where you can share what you are working on, get inspired by others, and ask all the questions you have- no matter how basic or complex! Our goal is to be a community for the crafty where we can learn and be inspired! If you would love to learn more about your Silhouette, share what you are up to, and find new project inspiration then come hang out with us by requesting to join the Silhouette Facebook group here. And…. did I mention we share a FREE Silhouette cut file EVERY Friday!? Can’t wait to see you there!