Trick or Treat Lettering Practice Sheets. A trio of custom worksheets for use with your iPad, the Tombow Fude, and the Tombow Dual Tip!
Trick or Treat Lettering Practice Sheets
I started this new series of Lettering Phrases Practice Sheet Trios a few months ago and they’ve been some of my top posts, so I’m going to keep creating and sharing a new set each month. Halloween is my birthday which is just one of the many reasons I love October!
So for this month, I turned my “Trick or Treat” hand-lettered phrase into a trio of practice sheets. The trio includes custom worksheets for use with your iPad, the Tombow Fude, and the Tombow Dual Tip!
I print them, test them, and adjust the size as needed until they’re ideal for each brush pen or Procreate Brush.
Download the Lettering Practice Sheets
- Small Brush Pen Practice Sheet (Recommended Brush Pen: Tombow Fude)
- Large Brush Pen Practice Sheet (Recommended Brush Pen: Tombow Dual Tip)
- Procreate Practice Sheet for iPad (Recommended Brush: DND Basic Brush)
Using the Printable Practice Sheets
- Print on Brush Pen friendly paper. The recommended copy paper is HP Premium32 Paper.
- Be sure to set your printer scaling “Fit to Page.”
- The Printer I currently use is the HP Color LaserJet Pro MFP M281cdw. I snagged it at Costco for a great price!
- After you do the brush calligraphy, go back in an add the serif details as well as the spider and webbing. For the Dual Tip Worksheet, I do this is the bullet nib end of the marker.
Using the Procreate Practice Sheet
Save the worksheet JPG to your iPad and open Procreate.
- Click the + sign and choose the “screen size” canvas while holding your iPad in Portrait Orientation.
- Click the wrench icon in the top left corner and select “insert a photo.” Select the lettering worksheet JPG from your photos. Adjust the worksheet’s size to fit the canvas.
- From the layers panel, click the + to add a layer for lettering. That way you aren’t lettering on the same layer as the worksheet.
I recommend using the DND Basic Brush from my first bundle of Procreate Brushes. Set the brush size to about 6% on the slider, as shown in the screenshot above.
Missed the last few sets?
Click the links for the ones you’d like!
Trick or Treat Coloring Page
Grab a variation of this design as a color page in two styles here.
From the Lettering Shop
(Click any image to learn more!)
The 30 Days of Drills Workbook
This workbook is perfect for busy beginners who want to learn the art of Brush Calligraphy. Commit to doing just one worksheet every day for 30 days and keep track of your progress with the included checklist!
Includes both Printable PDFs + JPGs for iPad!
DND Procreate Brush Bundle
Creative Lettering Procreate Bundle
Check out the free hand-lettering worksheets archives here.
I hope you have fun with these Trick or Treat Lettering Practice Sheets. Stay tuned for next month’s trio!