Vintage Blooms Color Palette. Grab the color palette I used for my hand-lettered “Happy Birthday to You” artwork + tips for how to use colors in your designs!
Vintage Blooms Color Palette
I did these “Happy Birthday to You” card designs for my Art Licensing Portfolio using one of the Art Licensing Portfolio Builder Prompts. I was inspired by retro-style colors and florals.
Insta-Inspo + Procreate Tips
- On my Instagram, many of my posts include a “Swipe to watch the process video,” which shows you how I take things from a sketch to a final piece.
- You can check out my iPad Lettering in Procreate tips over on this page on the blog. I used a lot of the tutorials I’ve shared on that page in many of my lettering pieces.
- I create my lettering with a wide variety of my Procreate Brushes + Stamps. For creating layouts, I also love to use grid stamps from the Lettering + Grid Builder Bundle. All are available over in my Lettering Shop.
Here are a few ways to level-up your lettering:
- Use floral elements to add interest to simple monoline lettering. If you’re not much of an illustrator, check out my Floral Lettering Brush Kit for Procreate.
- To learn my basic flower drawing method, check out this free Easy Floral Procreate Illustration video tutorial (shown below).
- Try using one of the many other palettes I have here on the blog.
Using the Vintage Blooms Color Palette
- Right-click or screenshot the photos in the blog post to save each lettering example and color palette.
- Learn How to set up Custom Color Palettes in Procreate here.
- Use them in design programs such as Photoshop and Illustrator.
- Match your physical art supplies (markers, color pencils, watercolors, etc.) to the palette and work the old school way!
Friendly reminder: I hope that you’ll use my color palettes and my work to inspire your own artwork. Please remember, there’s a fine line between being inspired by someone else’s work and being a copycat, so be sure to create something original (especially since this is a piece from my Art Licensing Portfolio).
Level Up Your Lettering!
- Grab my new Hand Lettering for Beginners Workbook and learn all about lettering basics.
- Complete the 25 worksheets to learn varied weight Sans Serif, Script, and Serif lettering styles. Then use them in your original lettering work!
You might also enjoy this RELATED blog post:
Have fun creating with my Vintage Blooms Color Palette!