Wild About You Color Palette. Grab the color palette I used for my hand-lettered “Wild About You” artwork + tips for how to use it!
Wild About You Color Palette
Other than the 60-minute Peloton ride that majorly kicked my booty, I’ve spent most of the day working on pieces for my art licensing portfolio (while watching old episodes of One Tree Hill on Hulu and pounding sparkling waters).
I’m not much of an animal print fan, but sticking to the Art Licensing Portfolio Builder Prompts is pushing me outside my comfort zone, which is nearly always a good way to grow your skills. Now that this one is finished, it’s giving me serious Lisa Frank vibes. 💖 As an 80s kid, she is the first artist who inspired me.
Who would you say is the first artist who inspired you?
I hope that you’ll use my color palettes and my work to inspire your own artwork. Please remember, there’s a fine line between being inspired by someone else’s work and being a copycat, so be sure to create something original (especially since this is a piece from my Art Licensing Portfolio).
Insta-Inspo + Procreate Tips
- On my Instagram, many of my posts include a “Swipe to watch the process video,” which shows you how I take things from a sketch to a final piece.
- You can check out my iPad Lettering in Procreate tips over on this page on the blog. I used a lot of the tutorials I’ve shared on that page in many of my lettering pieces.
- I create my lettering with a wide variety of my Procreate Brushes + Stamps. For creating layouts, I also love to use grid stamps from the Lettering + Grid Builder Bundle. All are available over in my Lettering Shop.
Using the Wild About you Color Palette
- Right-click or screenshot the photos in the blog post to save each lettering example and color palette.
- Learn How to set up Custom Color Palettes in Procreate here.
- Use them in design programs such as Photoshop and Illustrator.
- Match your physical art supplies (markers, color pencils, watercolors, etc.) to the palette and work the old school way!
Level Up Your Lettering!
- Grab my new Hand Lettering for Beginners Workbook and learn all about lettering basics.
- Complete the 25 worksheets to learn varied weight Sans Serif, Script, and Serif lettering styles. Then use them in your original lettering work!
You might also enjoy this RELATED blog post:
Have fun creating with my “Wild About You” Color Palette!