You’re the Best Brush Calligraphy Practice Sheets. Grab these free brush calligraphy practice sheets in printable and Procreate friendly formats!
You’re the Best Brush Calligraphy Practice Sheets
We’re practicing everyday phrases all month long. Today, we’ll be practicing the phrase “You’re the best” in standard scripts, bouncy scripts, and a more finished style.
Three new free brush calligraphy practice sheets are going up each week all month, so be sure to check back often or sign up for my weekly Happy Emails, so you don’t miss any of the freebies!
- Paper: Print on Brush Pen friendly paper. The recommended copy paper is HP Premium32 Paper.
- Brush Pen: The Tombow Fudenosuke is the best brush pens for these worksheets. It’s ideal for beginners and pros alike! It comes in hard and soft tip options. I recommend the combo pack so you can see which you prefer. Or use the Fudenosuke Colors to make practicing even more fun.
- Procreate Brush: DND Basic Brush
Using the Printable Practice Sheets
- Be sure to set your printer scaling “Fit to Page.”
- The Printer I currently use is the HP Color LaserJet Pro MFP M281cdw. I snagged it at Costco for a great price!
- Take your time and remember to use light pressure for the upstrokes and heavy pressure for the downstrokes.
- Lift your pen between each stroke and feel free to turn your page to get a better angle when needed.
Download the Practice Sheets
Click the buttons below to download the practice sheets
Printable Practice Sheet (PDF format)
Procreate Practice Sheet for iPad (JPG)
When the JPG pops up, right-click and select “save as image.”
How to Use the Procreate Practice Sheets
Unzip the Days of the Week file of JPGs. Save the JPGs to your iPad (they’ll save to your Photos).
- Click the + sign and choose the “screen size” canvas while holding your iPad in Portrait Orientation.
- Click the wrench icon in the top left corner and select “insert a photo.” Select the lettering worksheet JPG from your photos. Adjust the worksheet’s size to fit the canvas.
- From the layers panel, click the + to add a layer for lettering. That way you aren’t lettering on the same layer as the worksheet.
I recommend using the DND Basic Brush from my first bundle of Procreate Brushes. Set the brush size to about 4-6% on the slider.
From the Lettering Shop
Click here to head to the shop!
Check out the free hand-lettering + brush calligraphy worksheet archives here.
I hope you have fun with these You’re the Best Brush Calligraphy Practice Sheets.