30 Days to Better Brush Calligraphy Challenge. Thirty days of Free Brush Calligraphy Worksheets to help you grow your skills with daily practice!
This post may contain affiliate links. Your cost is the same but it helps support this site and the fun freebies we share. See our full disclosures here.
Font credit: Lettering worksheets created using Minty font.
30 Days to Better Brush Calligraphy
Every day for the next 30 days, I’ll be posting a brush calligraphy video to Facebook along with a link to this page, where you can download the worksheets.
For more freebies like this be sure to join my Happy Email list at the top of the page. I send out a fun freebie and lettering tips every week.
For more videos, lettering, and inspiration join me on Instagram!
Now, let’s have some fun with free brush calligraphy worksheets!
My Lettering Mantra: Practice Makes Progress.
If you practice daily for the next 30 days with these worksheets, you’ll see great strides in your lettering skills. Keep your pages so you can compare Day 1 to Day 30! I also like to do these worksheets whenever I get a new set of markers since they’re all slightly different to work with.
- Tool Option One: Tombow Brush Pens
- Tool Option Two: Small paint brushes such as a No. 1 Round and watercolors
- Tool Option Three: Fine Water brush and watercolors
- Free Brush Calligraphy Practice Worksheets (below)
- Recommended paper for use with Brush Pens is HP Premium Choice LaserJet.
New to Brush Calligraphy?
Check out my Brush Calligraphy FAQs page here. This page covers a ton of the most frequently asked questions, such as:
- What paper should I use?
- Which pen is best for beginners?
- How do I hold the pen?
- Why are my brush tips fraying?
- My downstrokes aren’t thick enough! What gives?
- Any tips for lefties?
- And more!
Watch the Brush Calligraphy Basics Video:
UPDATE: Since so many people requested a more in-depth lesson and videos, this video is a free real-time mini bonus module from my Constellation Lettering Online Class.
Grab the free worksheets after the video!
30 Days to Better Brush Calligraphy Free Practice Sheets
- 1: Basic Strokes – Worksheet / Video
- 2: Aa – Worksheet / Video
- 3: Bb – Worksheet / Video
- 4: Cc – Worksheet / Video
- 5: Dd – Worksheet / Video
- 6: Ee – Worksheet / Video
- 7: Ff – Worksheet / Video
- 8: Gg – Worksheet / Video
- 9: Hh – Worksheet / Video
- 10: Ii – Worksheet / Video
- 11: Jj – Worksheet / Video
- 12: Kk – Worksheet / Video
- 13: Ll – Worksheet / Video
- 14: Mm – Worksheet / Video
- 15: Nn – Worksheet / Video
- 16: Oo – Worksheet / Video
- 17: Pp – Worksheet / Video
- 18: Qq – Worksheet / Video
- 19: Rr – Worksheet / Video
- 20: Ss – Worksheet / Video
- 21: Tt – Worksheet / Video
- 22: Uu – Worksheet / Video
- 23: Vv – Worksheet / Video
- 24: Ww – Worksheet / Video
- 25: Xx – Worksheet / Video
- 26: Yy – Worksheet / Video
- 27: Zz – Worksheet / Video
- 28: Numbers – Worksheet / Video
- 29: Words – Worksheet / Video
- 30: DIY Hand-Lettered Brush Calligraphy Quote Print – Worksheet / Video
Want to learn Brush Lettering in a more in-depth way?
- Check out the free hand lettering worksheets archives here.
- I also run a free Facebook Art + Lettering Group with a ton of lettering instruction and practice exercises which you can join here.
- Beginners: Check out Lettering Bundle of Worksheets and eBooks here.
- Intermediate: Check out my Constellation Lettering Online Class here.
A Little Note on the Videos
I’ve had a number of complaints about the speed of my videos for this 30 Days to Better Brush Calligraphy challenge, so I want to address why I did the time-lapse videos for this challenge.
- This challenge is all about daily practice. It was is not intended to be instructional, so all demo videos are time-lapsed. It would also be pretty boring to sit and watch me letter using the same techniques in real-time for 5 minutes every day for 30 days.
- It’s simply not fair to complain about something that’s free. The many hours I spent on freebies take away time from my paid design work and my family. I do it because I love to share the joy of lettering. Please be kind with your comments. 😃