Hi! I’m Dawn, an Air Force wife and mom of three. I have a lot of interests (cooking, writing, sewing, crafting, fitness…and the list goes on) so you’ll find a bit of everything on my blog!
A few random facts about me:
- I’m not a morning or night person, but I can rock mid-day like nobody’s business.
- I am neurotically punctual. I am always, always, always on time (read: early).
- I love school. I have a BA in English, an MBA in HR Management. I went back to school in 2013 for an Advanced Certificate in Graphic Design and Branding. I have a passion for typography and do hand-lettered prints for my Etsy shop.
- I started running a few years ago and I’ve done quite a few 5Ks, an 8K and completed my first half marathon on Mother’s Day of 2013. I’ve also done the complete Insanity program and PiYo programs.
- I’m really friendly so people are always surprised to find out I’m a major introvert and completely content to hang out by myself. My homebody tendencies are borderline hermit.
- I love moving every few years like we do. There are downsides for sure but overall, I love the opportunity to experience so many different places. Charleston, SC is still my favorite place we’ve lived and we want to retire there.
- I hate when people lack common courtesy or aren’t nice. It’s not that hard to be kind! (Read my post on this subject called “Be Kind or Be Quiet” here).
- I have 6 tattoos. (Skipping class in college to get a tattoo? Or two? Guilty.)
- I swore I’d NEVER drive a minivan. But I do. And I love it.
- I had my first magazine feature in 2014 and my craft room Jumbo Pegboard recently appeared on Good Housekeeping!
- My birthday is on Halloween.
- My favorite bible verse is Proverbs 16:24 | Kind words are like honey—sweet to the soul and healthy for the body.
- After popping out 3 babies in 3.5 years, I came home from the hospital unhappily weighing 215 lbs. I’ve lost 60+ pounds in the past 2.5 years and recently reached my goal weight thanks in large part to Paleo-style eating…so I try to eat healthy and workout most days but I almost never let a day go by without dark chocolate and over-caffinating. I’m a work in progress.