Hi there! Welcome to Dawn Nicole Designs™.
I’m Dawn, an Air Force wife and mom of three. Being creative makes my heart happy but it’s not what I did for a long time!
I have a BA in English and a MBA in HR Management, and I spent my days as an HR Manager at a pretty Charleston, SC resort before having kids.
That changed everything, so I happily did the SAHM thing for a few years and then went back to school in 2013 for a Graphic Design Certificate with a concentration in branding at Sessions College for Professional Design. I have a passion for typography and hand lettering.
I feel so incredibly blessed to call being creative a career! I love, love, love what I do. I hope people are inspired by my career change over 30. I truly believe it’s never too late to change your career path and follow your creative passions.
A few professional facts…
- I have published 3 ebooks and 4 books. You can read all about them here.
- In 2015, I started doing licensed lettering and artwork. You can currently find my work in Hobby Lobby (hand lettering wall vinyl) and TJ Maxx (notecard sets).
- In February 2016, my artwork appeared on a coloring page box I designed for Krispy Kreme Doughnuts.
- I’m proud to be a Senior Tombow Brand Ambassador for 2016!
A few random facts about me…
- I’m not really a morning or night person, but I can rock mid-day like nobody’s business (with coffee anyway).
- I am neurotically punctual. I am always, always, always on time (read: early). It drives my husband crazy.
- I’m 5’9″ and I change my hair color a lot.
- I was born on Halloween.
- I’m really friendly so people are always surprised to find out I’m a major introvert and completely content to hang out by myself. My homebody tendencies are borderline hermit.
- I love running. I’ve done 5Ks, an 8K, and a 13.1k on Mother’s Day of 2013. I walked like I was 80 for 2 weeks as a result of the half marathon, so I haven’t run quite that far since!
- I love moving every few years like we do. There are downsides for sure but overall, I love the opportunity to experience so many different places. Charleston, SC is still my favorite place we’ve lived and I would love to retire there. In June 2016, we’re moving to Germany for 3 years!
- I hate when people lack common courtesy or aren’t nice. It’s not that hard to be kind! (You can my post on this subject called “Be Kind or Be Quiet” here).
- I have 7 tattoos. Technically, 8 but my most recent one covered another one. So 7?
- My favorite bible verse is Proverbs 16:24 | Kind words are like honey—sweet to the soul and healthy for the body.
- I never let a day go by without dark chocolate and over-caffinating.