Hi there! I’m Dawn, the girl behind Dawn Nicole Designs.
First and foremost, I’m an Air Force wife and momma. I’ve been married to my husband for almost 10 years. Sometimes he flies a plane, sometimes he “flies a desk”. We are currently stationed in Germany for a few years and are enjoying traveling Europe whenever we can. We have three kids ages 9, 7, and 5, and a German Shepherd/Border Collie rescue dog named Jax.
Me in a nutshell: I love kindness, typography, coffee, ampersands, TV (Among the long list of shows I like are all The Real Housewives shows), food (especially sushi and thai), and shopping online.
I’m a Full-Time Artist + Blogger and I love my job. I’m passionate about teaching others about the joy of Art + Lettering…and pretty much anything creative!
My mission as an artist and blogger is to inspire a community of makers to get creative daily while embracing a spirit of community over competition.
A Few Things I’m Known For…
- I’m a Senior Tombow Brand Ambassador…because I love their markers so much!
- Art Education. I have published three ebooks and two “real” books (for kids) on lettering. I also recently launched my first online class, Constellation Lettering.
- In 2015, I started doing licensed lettering and artwork. You can currently find my work in Hobby Lobby (hand-lettered wall vinyl), TJ Maxx (notecard sets), in the Silhouette Design Store, and on a collection Casetify phone cases.
- In February 2016, my artwork appeared on a coloring page box I designed for Krispy Kreme Doughnuts. It was such a fun collab…because doughnuts. 💕
- Being easy to work with always, always, always on time (like, ridiculously punctual).
- My love of all things positive, kindness, ampersands, and coffee.
A Few Things I’m Not Known For…
- Vacuuming. I hate it. We invested in a Roomba iRobot last year. His name is Jetson. He’s a hard worker and was worth every penny. (And he’s way better at vacuuming than I am!)
- Cartwheels. I’ve never been able to do one. Athletics in general are not on my list of strengths.
- Public Speaking/Being in Front of the Camera. But I’m trying to do things outside my comfort zone so I was a Speaker at Snap! Conference in 2016. It’s supposed to get easier the more you do it, right? #lietome
When I’m not busy working you can find me…
- Introverting. I’m really friendly so people are always surprised to find out I’m a major introvert and completely content to hang out by myself. My homebody tendencies borderline on hermit.
- Working out. I workout six days a week. I alternate weight workouts (ChaLEAN Extreme is my go to weight workout) and running. I’ve done 5Ks, an 8K, and a 13.1k on Mother’s Day of 2013. I injured my knee and walked like I was 80 for two full weeks as a result of the half marathon. My knee still acts up on long run, so I haven’t run quite that far since.
- Traveling. Places we’ve been this year include: Australia, France, Spain, the Czech Republic, and Italy. In the coming months, we’re heading to Switzerland and the Netherlands. Our wanderlust list grows each time we travel!
If you’re dying to hear more, here are six things you might not know about me:
- I’m not really a morning or night person, but I can rock mid-day like nobody’s business (with coffee anyway).
- I’m 5’9″ and I change my hair color a lot.
- I was born on Halloween. (I’m 35 years old.)
- I love moving every few years like we do. There are downsides for sure but overall, I love the opportunity to experience so many different places. Charleston, SC is still my favorite place we’ve lived and I would love to retire there. In the Summer of 2016, we relocated to Germany for 3 years.
- I have 7 tattoos. Technically, 8 but my most recent one covered another one. So 7?
- My favorite bible verse is Proverbs 16:24. Kind words are like honey—sweet to the soul and healthy for the body.
On Blogging as A Business
- On Going to Design School: 5 Ways Graphic Design School Changed my Life
- Blogging as a Business: My Tips for Growing a Six-Figure Blog
- You can visit my FAQs page here.
- Interested in working with me? Read more here.
- Looking for advertising options? Check out my DND Partner Program here.