Hello my creative friends! I’m Dawn, the blogger behind Dawn Nicole Designs.
First and foremost, I am an Air Force wife and mom of three. I’m also a Full-Time Hand-Lettering Artist, Author, Creative Blogger, and Senior Tombow Brand Ambassador.
My mission as an artist and blogger is to inspire a community of makers to get creative daily while embracing a spirit of community over competition.
I’m passionate about teaching others about the art of hand-lettering (and pretty much all things creative)!
A Few Things I’m Known For…
- Writing books! I have 4 ebooks and 4 “real” books. You can read all about them here.
- In 2015, I started doing licensed lettering and artwork. You can currently find my work in Hobby Lobby (hand lettered wall vinyl) and TJ Maxx (notecard sets).
- In February 2016, my artwork appeared on a coloring page box I designed for Krispy Kreme Doughnuts.
- Being easy to work with always, always, always on time (like, ridiculously punctual).
- My love of all things positive, kindness, and coffee.
A Few Things I’m Not Known For…
- Vacuuming. I hate it.
- Cartwheels. I’ve never been able to do one.
- Public Speaking. But I’m trying to do things outside my comfort zone so I was a Speaker at Snap! Conference this past Spring. It gets easier the more you do it, right? #lietome
When I’m not bust working you can find me…
- Introverting. I’m really friendly so people are always surprised to find out I’m a major introvert and completely content to hang out by myself. My homebody tendencies borderline on hermit.
- Working out. I love doing weight workouts and going for a run. I’ve done 5Ks, an 8K, and a 13.1k on Mother’s Day of 2013. I walked like I was 80 for 2 weeks as a result of the half marathon, so I haven’t run quite that far since!
If you’re dying to hear more, here are six things you might not know about me:
- I’m not really a morning or night person, but I can rock mid-day like nobody’s business (with coffee anyway).
- I’m 5’9″ and I change my hair color a lot.
- I was born on Halloween.
- I love moving every few years like we do. There are downsides for sure but overall, I love the opportunity to experience so many different places. Charleston, SC is still my favorite place we’ve lived and I would love to retire there. In the Summer of 2016, we relocated to Germany for 3 years!
- I have 7 tattoos. Technically, 8 but my most recent one covered another one. So 7?
- My favorite bible verse is Proverbs 16:24 | Kind words are like honey—sweet to the soul and healthy for the body.