Vibe Check Color Palette. I’m sharing the vibrant color palette I used for my playful “Vibe Check” artwork as a free download!
Vibe Check Color Palette
I believe that a good vibe rubs off on those around you. Same with a bad vibe, unfortunately. While no one is always in a happy mood, it’s important to recognize that you’re responsible for the energy you bring into a room.
I saw a social media post a while back. It was a photo sign hanging in a window at the entrance of a business that read something to this effect:
Please take responsibility for the energy you bring into this space. Your words matter. Your behaviors matter. Take a slow, deep breath and make sure your energy is in check before entering.
That sign should be hanging all over the place! I love the message it sends. We’re all human and have bad days, so a reminder like this can help prevent us from taking out our mood on someone who probably doesn’t deserve it.
Anyhow, that sign was the inspiration behind this artwork. 🙂
- This artwork’s serif lettering style combines several styles you can learn in my upcoming book, The Art of Playful Lettering, with Better Days Books (linked below).
- You can get a sneak peek at the process for this piece if you swipe to the third slide here on my Instagram.
- I mainly used brushes and stamps from my Creativity Kit and Artsy Aesthetic Procreate Brush Kits for this piece.
- The font used in the graphics in this post is one I created from my handwriting. You can find it in my shop.
- This artwork took me about two hours from start to finish. It came together fairly quickly. Most of the time, I spend 4-10 hours (or more) working on a piece.
- If you want to see how long your Procreate pieces are taking you, it’s super easy:
- Tap the Action tool (the wrench) with your canvas open in the app.
- Then, tap “Canvas” > “Canvas Information” > “Statistics.”
Download the Color Palette
Click the button below to download this palette for Procreate.
Don’t have Procreate? No worries! Check out the other options below!
Using the Color Palette
- Right-click or screenshot the photos in the blog post to save each lettering example and color palette.
- Use the Color Dropper tool to use this palette in the Procreate app.
- Use the Hex Codes in the first visual for use with design programs, such as Photoshop and Illustrator.
- Match your physical art supplies (markers, colored pencils, watercolors, etc.) to the palette and work the old-school way!
P.S. Free monthly calendars
I used a variation of this artwork for the free monthly calendars I send out via my email list each month. There are five download options for each skin tone, so you can pick the ones that best suit your needs and your skin. This calendar design will hit inboxes on July 1, 2023.
Below is the Organized Desktop Wallpaper in the Dark Skin Tone.
Have fun creating with the Vibe Check Color Palette!
If you create artwork with this palette, I’d love to see it. Tag me on Instagram at @bydawnicole.