Spring Showers Color Palette. Grab the pretty color palette I used for my “Only Happy When it Rains” artwork!
Spring Showers Color Palette
🎶I’m only happy when it rains🎶
My love for 90s alternative rock runs deep.
I spent hours yesterday making a list of ideas to letter and illustrate based on some of my favorite songs from that time.
I’m kicking it off with this Garbage song. I first lettered these lyrics four years ago, and I know you all love a good “Now and Then” comparison post.
- This artwork’s “Halcyon” serif lettering style is one of ten I created for my upcoming book with Better Days Books (linked below).
- If you swipe to the process video, you can get a sneak peek at the entire Halcyon alphabet on my Instagram.
- I mainly used brushes and stamps from my Modern Folk Art and Artsy Aesthetic Procreate Brush Kits for this piece.
- This artwork took me about five hours from start to finish.
- If you want to see how long your Procreate pieces are taking you, it’s super easy:
- Tap the Action tool (the wrench) with your canvas open in the app.
- Then, tap “Canvas” > “Canvas Information” > “Statistics.”
Using the Color Palette
- Right-click or screenshot the photos in the blog post to save each lettering example and color palette.
- Use the Color Dropper tool to use this palette in the Procreate app.
- Use the Hex Codes in the first visual for use with design programs, such as Photoshop and Illustrator.
- Match your physical art supplies (markers, colored pencils, watercolors, etc.) to the palette and work the old-school way!
Have fun creating with the Spring Showers Color Palette!