Inky Watercolor Lettering Tutorial. Follow along with my video lesson to create this inky lettering in the Procreate app!
Inky Watercolor Lettering Tutorial
Working with traditional watercolors is a lot of fun, but it can get messy! Especially when you’re using black ink. That’s where working digitally is extra cool. All the fun without the mess. When you’re working on the go, this option is especially great.
In this video lesson, we’ll be creating the piece shown below. It is a dark but fun twist on the colorful watercolor pieces we’ve done in past tutorials.
- Procreate App + iPad + Apple Pencil
- Procreate Brushes: We’ll be using a ton of brushes and stamps from The Watercolor Lettering Kit.
- Download the Project Reference Sheet + Color Palette below!
Click the buttons below to download!
Video Lesson: Watch the Tutorial
Follow along with the video below to create your own inky piece! This month’s video lesson is just over 25 minutes long.
If you want to skip or re-watch any portions of the tutorial, here are the timestamps for each section.
- 00:00 Intro
- 00:15 Project Overview
- 01:17 Sketching and Inking the Letters
- 08:02 Adding watercolor and paper textures (+ a few process tips)
- 17:23 Extra Details + Ideas to Try
- 23:58 Closing Comments
- 25:35 Outro
I hope you enjoyed this Inky Watercolor Lettering Tutorial.
See you next month for another fun Procreate Project!