Layered Inner Shadow Lettering Tutorial. Learn how to create layered dimensional lettering in Procreate in my newest video lesson!
Layered Inner Shadow Lettering Tutorial
This month’s tutorial is a dimensional lettering style that looks more complicated than it actually is! We’ll walk through it together step-by-step.
For a little extra inspiration, be sure to scroll to the end of this blog post for a bunch of lettering work in which I’ve used this style.
- Procreate App + iPad + Apple Pencil
- Procreate Brushes: Monoline Brush. I’ll also be using the Speckled Shader from my original Texture Brush Kit, the Velvet Texture from The Texture Kit 2, and stamps from The Creativity Kit.
- The Lettering Style I’m using is from my Quinn Style Lettering Workbook.
- Download the Project Reference Sheet + Color Palette below!
Click the buttons below to download!
Video Lesson: Watch the Tutorial
Follow along with the video below to create this lettering style!
This month’s video lesson is just over 30 minutes long. You can also watch it on YouTube here.
If you want to skip or re-watch any portions of the tutorial, here are the timestamps for each section.
- 00:00 Intro
- 00:15 Project Overview
- 01:52 Drawing the letters
- 07:46 Layering the letters
- 10:11 Outlines + Inner Shadows
- 17:24 Extrusion + Shadow
- 22:59 Shading the Letters
- 25:52 Details + Background Texture
- 32:34 Outro
- 32:53 Dimensional Lettering Class Preview
More Lettering I’ve done in this style!
You can even do this style on numbers, as I’ve done below!
I hope you enjoyed this Layered Inner Shadow Lettering Tutorial.
See you next month for another Procreate Project tutorial. 🙂