Sweater Weather Color Palette. Get this free Fall color palette, plus a few tips to level up your lettering!
Sweater Weather Color Palette
I created this lettering just for fun. Fall is my favorite season! While the cooler temperatures haven’t arrived here in Charleston, SC quite yet, I’m still dreaming of wearing all my cozy sweaters.
Here are a few ways to level-up your lettering:
- Try creating a Fall inspired lettering piece using this color palette.
- Letter on a photo. I got this one from Unplash.com (by Jason Strull). I erased the background and then lettered around the woman.
- Use brushes with texture to create dimension and interest within your work.
- Make your letters 3D! Check out this Dropcap tutorial for how to do that.
- Check out the closeup below for a better look at the textures. As I’ve mentioned before, textures can be subtle from afar, but they make a huge difference in your overall work.
- To create the block style letters, I used a monoline brush and then erased the ends to square them off.
- The painted hearts and flourishes are stamps from my Procreate Brush Sets.
Using the Sweater Weather Color Palette
- Right-click or screenshot the photos in the blog post to save each lettering example and color palette.
- Learn How to set up Custom Color Palettes in Procreate here.
- Use them in design programs such as Photoshop and Illustrator.
- Match your physical art supplies (markers, color pencils, watercolors, etc.) to the palette and work the old school way!
Insta-Inspo + Procreate Tips
- On my Instagram, many of my posts include a “Swipe to watch the process video,” which shows you how I take things from a sketch to a final piece.
- You can check out my iPad Lettering in Procreate tips over on this page on the blog. I used a lot of the tutorials I’ve shared on that page in many of my lettering pieces.
- I create my lettering with a wide variety of my Procreate Brushes + Stamps. For creating layouts, I also love to use grid stamps from the Lettering + Grid Builder Bundle. All are available over in my Lettering Shop.
- I hope that you’ll use my color palettes and my work to inspire your own artwork. Please remember, there’s a fine line between being inspired by someone else’s work and being a copycat, so be sure to create something original.
Learn lettering with me!
- Grab my new Hand Lettering for Beginners Workbook and learn all about lettering basics.
- Complete the 25 worksheets to learn varied weight Sans Serif, Script, and Serif lettering styles. Then use them in your original lettering work!
Have fun creating with my Sweater Weather Color Palette!