Sweater Weather Color Palette. Get this free Fall color palette, plus a few tips to level up your lettering!
Sweater Weather Color Palette
I created this lettering just for fun. Fall is my favorite season! While the cooler temperatures haven’t arrived here in Charleston, SC, I still dream of wearing all my cozy sweaters.
Here are a few ways to level up your lettering:
- Try creating a Fall inspired lettering piece using this color palette.
- Letter on a photo. I got this one from Unplash.com (by Jason Strull). I erased the background and then lettered around the woman.
- Use brushes with texture to create dimension and interest within your work.
- Make your letters 3D! Check out this Dropcap tutorial for how to do that.
- Check out the closeup below for a better look at the textures. As I’ve mentioned before, textures can be subtle from afar, but they make a huge difference in your overall work.
- To create the block style letters, I used a monoline brush and then erased the ends to square them off.
- The painted hearts and flourishes are stamps from my Procreate Brush Sets.
Using the Sweater Weather Color Palette
- Right-click or screenshot the photos in the blog post to save each lettering example and color palette.
- Learn How to set up Custom Color Palettes in Procreate here.
- Use them in design programs such as Photoshop and Illustrator.
- Match your physical art supplies (markers, colored pencils, watercolors, etc.) to the palette and work the old-school way!
Insta-Inspo + Procreate Tips
- On my Instagram, many of my posts include a “Swipe to watch the process video,” which shows you how I take things from a sketch to a final piece.
- Check out my iPad Lettering video lessons and tutorials. I use many of the tips and techniques I’ve shared in my lettering pieces.
- I hope that you’ll use my color palettes and my work to inspire your own artwork. Please remember, there’s a fine line between being inspired by someone else’s work and being a copycat, so be sure to create something original.
Follow me on Instagram →
Have fun creating with my Sweater Weather Color Palette!
Facebook // Pinterest // Instagram // Shop