Sugar Rush Color Palette. Grab the free color palette I used to create this “Sugar Rush” hand lettering in the Procreate app!
Sugar Rush Color Palette
Halloween is just around the corner and I’m mentally preparing myself for the daily bartering my kids will do with their candy haul. Just thinking about the Sugar Rush that’s coming inspired my latest lettering piece.
“How many pieces of candy can I have, Mom?” 😜
I’m not much of a candy person, but I’ve been known to sneak a Reese’s or two from their bags!
SUGAR RUSH Artwork Details + Lettering Tips
- I created this Sugar Rush lettering and artwork using my newest Procreate Brushes: The Texture Brush Kit.
- Don’t be afraid to use non-traditional colors for your work! My candy corn colors are anything but traditional which makes this piece more evergreen and less seasonal.
- Textures give your work added interest! Check out the closeup of the textures in this piece below.
- Watch this Textured Ampersand Video Tutorial and this Love Lettering Video Tutorial for more help with using textures.
- You can learn this Serif Lettering Style in my Quinn Style Lettering Workbook.
It’s also fun to use a mockup to see what your work would look like on a physical item. I used a tote bag mockup to see how this artwork would look. Check it out below!
Using the SUGAR RUSH Color Palette
- Right-click or screenshot the photos in the blog post to save each lettering example and color palette.
- Learn How to set up Custom Color Palettes in Procreate here.
- Use them in design programs such as Photoshop and Illustrator.
- Match your physical art supplies (markers, color pencils, watercolors, etc.) to the palette and work the old school way!
Insta-Inspo + Procreate Tips.
- On my Instagram, many of my posts include a “Swipe to watch the process video,” which shows you how I take things from a sketch to a final piece.
- You can check out my iPad Lettering in Procreate tips over on this page on the blog. I used many of the tutorials I’ve shared on that page in many of my lettering pieces.
- I create my lettering with a wide variety of my Procreate Brushes + Stamps. For creating layouts, I also love to use grid stamps from the Lettering + Grid Builder Bundle. All are available over in my Lettering Shop.
- I hope that you’ll use my color palettes and my work to inspire your own artwork. Please remember, there’s a fine line between being inspired by someone else’s work and being a copycat, so be sure to create something original.
Learn lettering with me!
- Grab my new Hand Lettering for Beginners Workbook and learn all about lettering basics.
- Complete the 25 worksheets to learn varied weight Sans Serif, Script, and Serif lettering styles. Then use them in your original lettering work!
You Might Also Like…
- The Quinn Style Workbook is a follow up to the Hand Lettering for Beginners Workbook.
- Pop over to this post to read all about what’s inside!
Have fun creating with the Sugar Rush Color Palette!