Magical Wishes Color Palette. Grab the color palette I used for my hand-lettered “Have a Magical Birthday” artwork + tips for how to use colors in your designs!
Magical Wishes Color Palette
This is a new piece I did for my Art Licensing Portfolio using one of the Art Licensing Portfolio Builder Prompts.
Since my birthday is on Halloween, this prompt was extra fun for me! I’ve always loved movies and books with magical elements, especially Hocus Pocus and Harry Potter.
Recently, I read the book A Million Junes by Emily Henry, which is in the magical realism genre and it was SO good. If you’re a fellow book lover, it’s one to add to your list!
Friendly reminder: I hope that you’ll use my color palettes and my work to inspire your own artwork. Please remember, there’s a fine line between being inspired by someone else’s work and being a copycat, so be sure to create something original (especially since this is a piece from my Art Licensing Portfolio).
Insta-Inspo + Procreate Tips
- On my Instagram, many of my posts include a “Swipe to watch the process video,” which shows you how I take things from a sketch to a final piece.
- You can check out my iPad Lettering in Procreate tips over on this page on the blog. I used a lot of the tutorials I’ve shared on that page in many of my lettering pieces.
- I create my lettering with a wide variety of my Procreate Brushes + Stamps. For creating layouts, I also love to use grid stamps from the Lettering + Grid Builder Bundle. All are available over in my Lettering Shop.
Using the Magical Wishes Color Palette
- Right-click or screenshot the photos in the blog post to save each lettering example and color palette.
- Learn How to set up Custom Color Palettes in Procreate here.
- Use them in design programs such as Photoshop and Illustrator.
- Match your physical art supplies (markers, color pencils, watercolors, etc.) to the palette and work the old school way!
Level Up Your Lettering!
- Grab my new Hand Lettering for Beginners Workbook and learn all about lettering basics.
- Complete the 25 worksheets to learn varied weight Sans Serif, Script, and Serif lettering styles. Then use them in your original lettering work!
You might also enjoy this RELATED blog post:
Have fun creating with my Magical Wishes Color Palette!