November Birth Flowers Drop Cap Tutorial. Follow along with my step-by-step video for creating this floral letter in Procreate.
November Birth Flowers Drop Cap Tutorial
Can you believe we only have one more month left after this one? I can’t say that Mums are my favorite flower, but they’re synonymous with Fall and always make an appearance on my Fall Porch Décor. They’re also the November birth flower, so we’ll be using them in this month’s Drop Cap design!
The video tutorial is just shy of 45 minutes long, and you’ll most likely need to press pause along the way. You can expect this project to take you about 60+ minutes to complete.
New to this series?
I recommend completing the previous lessons and then returning to this one, as some lessons build on things taught in prior tutorials.
- January Drop Cap Tutorial
- February Drop Cap Tutorial
- March Drop Cap Tutorial
- April Drop Cap Tutorial
- May Drop Cap Tutorial
- June Drop Cap Tutorial
- July Drop Cap Tutorial
- August Drop Cap Tutorial
- September Drop Cap Tutorial
- October Drop Cap Tutorial
What You’ll Need to Follow Along
- iPad and Apple Pencil
- Procreate App
- November Color Palette (Download it free below. It’s in a Procreate-specific format)
- A Variety of Procreate Brushes. Mainly a basic monoline brush, a texture brush, and a few simple stamps from The Creativity Kit. The main texture brush I’ll be using is the DND Burlap Texture Brush from my Texture Kit 2 Brush Set. You can use a different one if you’d like, though! 🙂
- Drop Cap Reference Sheet. I created a worksheet you can print and reference as we work through the step together.
Click the buttons below to download the freebies!
Watch the NOVEMBER Birth Flowers Drop Cap Tutorial Video Lesson
Follow along with the video below to create this 3D letter N.
This month’s video lesson is just under 45 minutes long.
If you want to skip or re-watch any tutorial portions, here are the timestamps for each section.
- 00:00 Intro
- 00:20 Project Overview
- 01:09 Creating the Letter N
- 09:10 Creating the Letter Outline
- 11:16 Creating the 3D Inset
- 14:07 Creating the Extrusion
- 15:55 Creating the Shadow
- 17:26 Adding the Background Color
- 18:05 Adding The Burlap Texture
- 21:22 Altering the Shadow to Blend into the Background
- 21:52 Adding shading to the 3D elements
- 24:52 Note on Shading Options Using Multiple Textures
- 26:19 Drop Cap Inline Details
- 29:16 Creating the Mum Florals
- 35:50 Adding the vines, hearts, and dot details
- 40:49 Exporting as a PNG
- 41:36 Optional Edit
- 42:30 Closing Comments
- 43:01 Outro
NEW IN THE SHOP!
I hope you enjoyed November’s video lesson.
Stay tuned for the December Floral Drop Cap Tutorial.
Just one more month to go in this series!